Alli- weightloss aid

Options
Has anyone used this OTC drug before? What was your experience and is it worth in helping get that extra edge? Does it curb your hunger? Thanks.

Replies

• koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    Options
    No. None. Definitely not. Possibly. You're welcome.
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    Had a co-worker that used it. She definetly suggested it for anyone who wanted leakage from the butt during the day.
  • jlewis2896
    jlewis2896 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    Had a co-worker that used it. She definetly suggested it for anyone who wanted leakage from the butt during the day.

Ditto

It helps you not want to eat fat by giving you explosive diarrhea when you DO eat fat.....
  • joakool
    joakool Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    I read that about it, too. Ewww.
  • slp2112
    slp2112 Posts: 107
    Options
    yeah google around a bit to see people's experiences - the vast majority of them seem to be horror stories. Plus, I'm wary of any product that vilifies fat. Fat is a GOOD thing, in the right amounts obviously, but still good for a variety of reasons.
  • psgoodman
    Options
    groooooossss..lol. I used it off and on for about a year. Had good results as long as I stuck to the low fat rule. The more fat you eat, the gas will attack! Look in the toilet and there goes the oil you ate! It can get very uncomfortable!
  • beckyinma
    beckyinma Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    DO NOT use it if you've had your gall bladder out... EVER!
  • danewton
    danewton Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I agree! Fat can be a good thing! You need it for healthy hair, skin, and nails. Plus if you avoid fat altogether, that can mess with your gallbladder as well as eating too much fat!!
  • jwaitman
    jwaitman Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    That is pretty nasty! I don't think I would want to use it. Besides when you use something like that it never works for the long haul. Once you quit using it you will eventually go back to your old ways. Slow and steady wins the race.
  • riley711
    riley711 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    DO NOT use it if you've had your gall bladder out... EVER!

Wow!! Did not know this!! Thanks!!
  • Kate6868
    Kate6868 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I have those leakage issues due to intestinal damage (I've never taken Alli). And I like foods with fat, which sometimes leads to an uncomfortable day. Why anyone would want to do this to themselves on purpose is completely beyond me!
  • ehlertmartha
    Options
    I had the idea for awhile that i was going go start using alli umm with all the talk about it and the anal leakage umm def something i dont want to deal with and plus my friend was taking it for awhile it pretty much just makes you **** out anything unhealthy you eat it goes right thru you would rather stick withj doing it the healthy way and smart way
  • mallorybriann
    mallorybriann Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    On Alli, you can never trust a fart...
  • IronmanTriGirl
    Options
    my main diet culprits are sugars and carbs (not so much fats) so I wonder if I should gamble on alli to help me curb my need to indulge in these foods when i just cant say NO.
  • kjpersich
    kjpersich Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Alli will do nothing to curb your appetite. It doesn't work that way. It strictly prevents the absorption of fat. Fat doesn't make you fat. Sugar makes you fat or rather insulin makes you fat when you eat too much sugar. Don't bother with Alli. The side effects are pretty harsh.