Air Fryer help?

Options
2»

Replies

• sammidelvecchio
    sammidelvecchio Posts: 791 Member
    Options
    @midlomel1971 mine is a Dash mini, and is good for one person. If you are cooking for more, i'd get a bigger one. Dash makes larger models too!

Another added benefit, in the summer, turning on the oven makes my entire apartment hot and has often made me dread cooking in the summer. With the air fryer, this problem is 100% removed from my life!
  • annwyatt69
    annwyatt69 Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    I use my air fryer for non breaded chicken legs, homemade meatballs, meatloaf, homemade fried zucchini or sweet potatoes. I have never been successful with breading anything--mine always turned out gummy. Homemade egg rolls are great in there too. I don't have a typical air fryer like most have--I have the Big Boss Oil Less Fryer. Its huge, is clear and has two racks.
  • vnb_208
    vnb_208 Posts: 1,359 Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    CHICKEN WINGS SEASON SPRAY FYER WITH SOME COOKING SPRAY AND 40 M ALL DONE WITH A SIDE SALAD
    Whole chicken, "roasted" veggies, frozen foods, fries, or just to reheat food its amazing my hands down favorite appliance in the kitchen
  • mstrike
    mstrike Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Check pinterest they have awesome recipes to make with one
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,076 Member
    Options
    I've been thinking of getting one. What brand or model of Air Fryer is good?

I have the tidylife 6.3 quart
  • cynthobrien
    cynthobrien Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I've been thinking of getting one. What brand or model of Air Fryer is good?

I have the ninja foodi, it does just about everything including air frying and I absolutely love it!
  • srj58
    srj58 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I cook most of my foods in the air fryer. I also "boil" eggs that peel easily in my air fryer. I love to make buffalo cauliflower in it also.
  • midlomel1971
    midlomel1971 Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    So is an air fryer just a smaller convection oven? The above poster said there was no need to have an air fryer if you have a convection oven. I have a convection setting on my oven, but I don't know what to do with it.
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options
    People have toaster ovens for convenience, air fryers seem no different to me in that vein. I was gifted one, it's kinda fun to use, I've made some nice things in it. It's not getting you anything like actually fried food.
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Got an air fryer it is like a confection oven in ways. My type if airfryer bigger inside than the confection ovens I was looking for. It holds more cooks good way easier to clean!It’s just what you like or want really. I also got a steam cooker y a tiny egg cooker both steam eggs but the little ones easier to clean so it gets used way more.Got a rice cooker that steams veggies at the same time y the steam cooker the steam cooker makes rice too the veggies taste better but it’s harder to clean.
  • sammidelvecchio
    sammidelvecchio Posts: 791 Member
    Options
    lol, no, my teeny tiny little air fryer that i use for 4-10 minutes does not heat up my house.
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    Depends on the brand nine doesn’t heat the house but my Cousin bought a different brand says it gives off the heat something terrible. Glad mines different..my hot flashes are bad enough without help lol. Got a faberware brand but it’s made well so no heat not hot to the touch either
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,606 Member
    Options
    My Phillips is so well insulated it is cool to the touch when running on max temperature.
  • endermako
    endermako Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    shalvy2007 wrote: »
    We love our air fryer, we buy these cheddar cauliflower broccoli bites that turn out amazing in there, we've done a pork tenderloin, pork chops, chicken breast, even fish my husband had to as well tried a steak in since ours has a steak setting. The steak was good but didn't have the "grill" from being cooked on a grill.

I do this too. I love putting my broccoli and cheese tots in there. It gets so crispy!