Calling all BBW.

Options
Well, I may be big and woman but I don't feel beautiful. I here to change that. Ok here it is ... my weight ... 480+!!!! As I'm sitting here I wonder how I got in this mess ... I know the simple truth, I ate more and moved less.
The real truth is until recently I didn't FEEL fat and yes the word is FAT. Not the cutesy names like plump, big boned or thick, I'm just plain fat.
I've always known I large, had a hard time finding clothes, couldn't walk very fast, couldn't fit in restaurant booths but still I didn't feel fat.
Then the other night my stomach got wedged under my steering wheel. I could barely move the wheel. As I'm now sitting on the couch, my stomach is sitting on my thighs, only about 3 inches from my knee.
I'm taking this one minute and only this minute to wallow in self petty, because the truth is I feel ashamed, overwhelmed and I guess depressed.
Now, I'm ready. I can't be this way anymore. I've isolated myself from everyone. I dont meet people. I dont go anywhere. I'm done.
I know it's a long journey, I know there will be set backs, I know I will want to quit, but I will not live this way anymore!
I would love to have pals who are like me with a lot to lose, though I'll take you 'skinny' people too!😉
Let's get healthy together.

Replies

• Jackie9003
    Jackie9003 Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP, there are lots of people and resources here to help you along the way. You've taken that first step, which isn't easy, so today is where you start working on achieving your goals.
    I don't have as much to lose now but do need to lose another 56lb at least so feel free to add me.
    And I totally get where you're coming from with not feeling fat, I only ever looked in a mirror straight on as from that perspective I didn't really look fat.
    Good luck in your journey.
  • GWagon93
    GWagon93 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Welcome!! I hope you find MFP to be a place where you have lots of us helping keep you motivated and up beat the whole way to any goal you set!
  • jan110144
    jan110144 Posts: 1,272 Member
    Options
    Kudos on confronting your reality. A very important first step!
  • QueenBee0205
    QueenBee0205 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Welcome !!! I am right there with you and desperately need to get healthy
    I have 6 kids and I can't even run or play with them without being out of breath
  • ThreeReasonsToChange
    ThreeReasonsToChange Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Welcome and way to go for taking the first step! Back in 2015 I was 354 lbs. I went up and down for a few years. I would start well but within a month my addiction to sweets and fatty foods would take over. I would stop.

This past January I lost my mom to two strokes, heart disease and diabetes. She was my best friend. And it suddenly made me realize if something happened to me my kids would be put through the same thing I was feeling. I was on the fast track to exactly what happened to her. There was no way I could put my babies through what I'm feeling.

So, May 1st i started again at 329.8. I'm currently 315.5. Every day is a new start and my babies keep me motivated. When I started I looked up a dance workout on youtube. Two minutes in I was out of breath and wasnt sure I could do it. Now, I do a thirty minute high impact tabata workout every morning.

I'm looking for friends to keep each other motivated. To help each other on track. I hope you'll add me!
  • linsey0689
    linsey0689 Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    Hi hun. You have a bit more to lose than I do but I’m here you are looking for a friend. I lost weight once 6 years ago (profile/motivation photo).

For the first time of my life (that I know of) I’m no longer in the high 200s. I always was able to cut back back a bit before getting to the 300s, this time not the case. I was in disbelief. I move the scale thinking the floor was uneven and even checked my weight a few days later. Still there. Coming to accept it now because that’s what I need to do. I’m ready to get healthy and stay there for once. Really not gonna try to rush it this time around either. Take care 💜💜
  • JessicaMU
    JessicaMU Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    You can do it!! You can totally do it!!!! Stay strong and don't give in! YOU are in control!
  • catthewildone
    catthewildone Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Its hard... it really is. You log in and see people that we wish we could be "as skinny as". I'm fat as well. And I'm blunt about it. But i do want to change and its hard when there's no one with you. So I'm looking to make new friends on here. I've been back to active on here for 33 days.... and its hard when everyone else I had as friends on here are inactive. So i have no interaction with anyone in a similar situation. And its lonely. And depressing. So lets help each other out! Best of luck! You can do it!
  • fmas012
    fmas012 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Congrats on getting started, and believe me that’s the first step and it’s the hardest. The worst news I have for you if if you’re looking to lose 100+ pounds... you can’t. The best news I have for you is that, you don’t have to. All you have to do is start to eat better and maybe move around a bit for the next 24 hours. And then you hand the ball off to the version of yourself from tomorrow, and she’ll take the next 24 hours... and so on and so on. If anyone one of you slips or falls off course, the next one will get up and keep going.
    Trust me... just going a day at a time, two years ago I started at 400 lbs, and today I’m just about to hit 250 lbs... with no plans on stopping. And I haven’t felt for a single day like I’m dieting.
    You’ll do great!!!
    (Feel free to message me if you have any questions, by the way, happy to help in any way I can!)
    Frank
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    Options
    BettJo64 wrote: »
    Robin :) Girl, you are not alone. There's so many of us in the exact same boat here on MFP. I'll start with myself. This is my 3rd time in life being more than 400lbs. As a matter of fact, I was 499lbs on March 14th...just 11 weeks ago. I went in the hospital for a pacemaker after 4 years of fighting AFIB through ablations, heart shocks, and heart meds that just did not work. It left me suffering with severe side effects from the heart meds. Horrendous bone pain and the fact that my weight DOUBLED over that 4 year period. Anyways, I was emotionally and physically just ready to say goodbye. But my doctor said you've tried everything, so now let's finally put in a pacemaker. OMG, it was my saving grace! I immediately felt so much better as far as breathing and energy level...at least for a 499lb woman. Within 3 weeks I had already lost 40lbs. I decided, through some great advice on here, to strive for higher proteins every day. I don't really eat pasta at all, no real sugar (stevia for me), and I carefully watch and limit myself on desserts or snacks. May allow myself a glass of diet gingerale with lemon every once in a while, but WATER is definitely my drink of choice all day long. Bread only once in a blue moon, and when it is eaten I choose wheat bread. I changed my condiments (which we really use more than we even know) to fat free or light at least. And I make sure to eat 3 meals a day. Surprisingly, many of us big people actually eat only 1 or 2 meals regularly. But what we eat happens to be really high calorie, fat, and carbs. Let me tell you, I've been losing pretty good doing these and a few more things. Bone pain still has me limited on exercise, but I do try to walk even 5 mins down my driveway and up the street a bit nearly every day. I also make great efforts to get up out of my chair and move about the house every 20mins or so. Once you get used to that, your body will ache less. And then you'll be deliberately thinking of things to get up to do. I planted some tomato plants, which I hadn't done in years, and now I know that every morning and afternoon I will go outside to water them. Brings me joy and a sense of accomplishment. You will find your ways to get movement and maybe even pleasure into your day again. It's been 11 weeks since my surgery date (weighing 499lbs) and today I am weighing 422.4lbs. Nearly 77lbs down, and I'm feeling so renewed and excited about life again. So very far still to go, so I am on that same very hard and long path with you, Robin. I hope you will find comfort and support in a friendship with me. I'm sending you a friend request. Let's do this together...us big girls :)

Wow! I’ve never heard a story like that. I am so glad you finally got something that’s working! I am so glad you are feeling better! And happier!
    Losing weight is great, and you’ve done fantastic. But getting your life back, finding your joy again is ❤️💕. I don’t even know words to say how wonderful!
  • dinnymal
    dinnymal Posts: 1 Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Feels so good to know that I am not alone. And that many other women out there experience the same struggles that I do. Really looking forward to my weight loss journey and helpful tips from those in a similar situation. Wishing all the BBW's in here the best. Love all the way from South Africa.
  • amayk
    amayk Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    You sound like you made up your mind to finally lose that weight. That's a good start. You have a lot of hard work ahead, specially mentally. Changing habits and mindset is allmost a full time job for a while. Use this site, get knowledge, adjust your eatinghabits and exercisehabits to something you can live with in the long run, because weightloss is something we need to do for the long run, it's not a quickfix and we can't go back to the old habits. That's especially true for us that carry or have carried alot of overweight. I started my weigtlossjourney long ago, I didn't quite have your startweight, but I was over 300 pounds, so I wasn't a lightweighter, now I have lost 140 pounds, still not very petit, but I'm getting there, and healthier along the way. Just wanted to say, you can do it, you are not alone, and we are many in here to support and cheer you on if you need it.
  • Afields6780
    Afields6780 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    So many people can relate including me. If you need some motivation add me as a friend. Im starting over after losing 160 pounds and gaining 50 back.

Here's to us. We can do anything!
  • Afields6780
    Afields6780 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I forgot if anyone else can relate and needs support, send me a friend request. Most my friends are inactive now since I've been chugging along for so long!