• ErikaGirl1
    ErikaGirl1 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    You’ll know it when you have it!
  • ErikaGirl1
    ErikaGirl1 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Cowsfan1 wrote: »
    A commitment not a feeling - most ppl confuse infatuation with love imo - but I'm just a bitter middle aged divorced dude - what do I know ??
    it’s because people are too lazy and selfish these days to honor “commitment”

• your_future_ex_wife
    your_future_ex_wife Posts: 4,278 Member
    Options
    A commitment not a feeling - most ppl confuse infatuation with love imo - but I'm just a bitter middle aged divorced dude - what do I know ??

You’re right. It’s an action.
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Options
    Knowing you would be lost without this person in your life because they are your rock. Knowing that you are their rock too and that together you can face anything that life throws at you.

Oh and s*xy times, mustn't forget them >:)

• iMago
    iMago Posts: 8,714 Member
    Options
    a willingness to offer them everything
  • your_future_ex_wife
    Options
    iMago wrote: »

i have never loved
  • InkgirlKC
    InkgirlKC Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Love is just a game that everybody plays and when the game is over not everybody pays. Some play the game to lose, some play the game to win. The winners walk out laughing, the losers cry and deal again.
  • iMago
    iMago Posts: 8,714 Member
    Options
    iMago wrote: »

i have never loved

i think around 7 times for me
  • Reckoner67
    Reckoner67 Posts: 3,344 Member
    Options
    It’s a toilet made of rotting fish
  • NotSo_LittleRichard
    NotSo_LittleRichard Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    Love is finding that special person who will 'insightful' all your comments instead of 'woo' them. Who will respond to our innocent PMs until they turn into something far more flirty, hot and steamy. It's exchanging kik handles because you love them enough to want to send pics but not enough for them to know your full name or number. It's making all those special promises to visit one another and actually believing it will happen.....one day. It's a feeling so strong when you find out your love is doing it with everyone you can't help but rage quit and come back later, beaten, bruised but ready to get back on that horse.

I'm truly inspired

then it isn't love :'(
  • NotSo_LittleRichard
    NotSo_LittleRichard Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    Love is finding that special person who will 'insightful' all your comments instead of 'woo' them. Who will respond to our innocent PMs until they turn into something far more flirty, hot and steamy. It's exchanging kik handles because you love them enough to want to send pics but not enough for them to know your full name or number. It's making all those special promises to visit one another and actually believing it will happen.....one day. It's a feeling so strong when you find out your love is doing it with everyone you can't help but rage quit and come back later, beaten, bruised but ready to get back on that horse.

I'm truly inspired

then it isn't love :'(

I only use "insightful" passive agressively

check your PMs. I like where this is headed.
  • _sw33tp3a_11
    _sw33tp3a_11 Posts: 4,692 Member
    Options
    I know more of what love is not supposed to be.
  • your_future_ex_wife
    Options

so very specific
  • your_future_ex_wife
    Options

You’re right. It’s an action.

but if this is true, does it mean that the lover always subjugates his own happiness in favor of the lovee’s? This could go really unhealthy.