I couldn’t help myself 🙁

Options
124»

Replies

• lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,994 Member
    Options
    Lillymoo01 wrote: »
    The most important question, were the calories in that chocolate worth it?
    Well the 40 minute jog paid off

Unlikely you burned 400 cals above NEAT in a 40 minute "jog".

????

40 mins should be more than 5K and easily in the 400 cal range.

Anyway, this thread amused me today.

My thoughts exactly. I regularly burn over 300 calories on my 30 minute jogs. :o

I think I'm beginning to understand why so many people have to only eat back half their exercise calories if they want to lose weight. I was always able to eat 100% of my exercise calories back, but I didn't think I was burning at 600 cals an hour above NEAT at a pace I would describe as a jog. Or maybe every body else's jogs are a lot more intense than mine.

I regularly eat back most if not all of my exercise calories! Jogging for me is a very intense exercise. I wouldn't know how to explain why, because I don't know the science behind it, but I might guess that part of it is I spent most of my life actively avoiding anything other than walking. My heart rate is regularly at peak when I'm jogging. It's gotten better the longer I've done it (about two years now), but it still remains very intense cardio for me, which is why I only do it about twice a week. In contrast, power walking for half an hour burns about 100 calories. Funny enough, my powering walking pace is faster than my jogging pace, lol.

In all sincerity, that's terrific. I don't argue with results.
  • Pipsqueak1965
    Pipsqueak1965 Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    msbridgettea - am imagining you jogging like Phoebe from Friends now :)
  • msbridgetteanne
    msbridgetteanne Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    msbridgettea - am imagining you jogging like Phoebe from Friends now :)

lol! Not quite, but maybe if I'm feeling free and graceful one day... :D
  • msbridgetteanne
    msbridgetteanne Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Lillymoo01 wrote: »
    The most important question, were the calories in that chocolate worth it?
    Well the 40 minute jog paid off

Unlikely you burned 400 cals above NEAT in a 40 minute "jog".

????

40 mins should be more than 5K and easily in the 400 cal range.

Anyway, this thread amused me today.

My thoughts exactly. I regularly burn over 300 calories on my 30 minute jogs. :o

I think I'm beginning to understand why so many people have to only eat back half their exercise calories if they want to lose weight. I was always able to eat 100% of my exercise calories back, but I didn't think I was burning at 600 cals an hour above NEAT at a pace I would describe as a jog. Or maybe every body else's jogs are a lot more intense than mine.

I regularly eat back most if not all of my exercise calories! Jogging for me is a very intense exercise. I wouldn't know how to explain why, because I don't know the science behind it, but I might guess that part of it is I spent most of my life actively avoiding anything other than walking. My heart rate is regularly at peak when I'm jogging. It's gotten better the longer I've done it (about two years now), but it still remains very intense cardio for me, which is why I only do it about twice a week. In contrast, power walking for half an hour burns about 100 calories. Funny enough, my powering walking pace is faster than my jogging pace, lol.

In all sincerity, that's terrific. I don't argue with results.

Same! :D