Love is?

Options

Replies

• InkgirlKC
    InkgirlKC Posts: 251 Member
    Options

I liked her shoes!

The thread put this song in my head. My dad had this album.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cD5LxfrUeCM
  • Cowsfan1
    Cowsfan1 Posts: 7,937 Member
    Options
    Cowsfan1 wrote: »
    A commitment not a feeling - most ppl confuse infatuation with love imo - but I'm just a bitter middle aged divorced dude - what do I know ??

You’re right. It’s an action.

but if this is true, does it mean that the lover always subjugates his own happiness in favor of the lovee’s? This could go really unhealthy.

Such is love then no? I mean when one marries they say for better or worse in sickness and in health - health would incompass mental health right? But we don’t really mean it - we really only mean for better - and only as much worse as one can stand in their own head .. my bridge too far is infidelity- could handle pretty much anything else cause I said I would - everyone has a breaking point I guess - but again I’m newly divorced and my opinion has been admittedly a bit skewed this past year - 🤷‍♂️
  • askeeney
    askeeney Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Wonderment and misery. Flip a coin on any given day.
  • your_future_ex_wife
    your_future_ex_wife Posts: 4,278 Member
    Options
    A commitment not a feeling - most ppl confuse infatuation with love imo - but I'm just a bitter middle aged divorced dude - what do I know ??

but if this is true, does it mean that the lover always subjugates his own happiness in favor of the lovee’s? This could go really unhealthy.

Such is love then no? I mean when one marries they say for better or worse in sickness and in health - health would incompass mental health right? But we don’t really mean it - we really only mean for better - and only as much worse as one can stand in their own head .. my bridge too far is infidelity- could handle pretty much anything else cause I said I would - everyone has a breaking point I guess - but again I’m newly divorced and my opinion has been admittedly a bit skewed this past year - 🤷‍♂️

I’m sorry for your pain 💔
  • Cowsfan1
    Cowsfan1 Posts: 7,937 Member
    Options

I’m sorry for your pain 💔

Thank you - live and learn I guess - what doesn’t kill us makes us stronger - glass half full - all that good chit
  • laprimaJenny
    laprimaJenny Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    Love is the willingness to sacrifice your wants and desires to accommodate the other person.
  • Ironandwine69
    Ironandwine69 Posts: 2,432 Member
    Options
    Tacos 🤷
  • your_future_ex_wife
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Love is the willingness to sacrifice your wants and desires to accommodate the other person.

I agree and I’m going out on a limb to say that in a healthy relationship, all parties do this so it isn’t always a single giver. If you look out for me and i look out for you, that makes a beautiful circle and we both get our needs met.

Edit for a single negative conjunction that bothered me
  • Ironandwine69
    Ironandwine69 Posts: 2,432 Member
    Options
    The only REAL love in my opinion is that for your child. Everything else is replacable.
  • laprimaJenny
    edited June 2019
    Options

I agree but I’m going out on a limb to say that in a healthy relationship, all parties do this so it isn’t always a single giver. If you look out for me and i look out for you, that makes a beautiful circle and we both get our needs met.

When it’s not reciprocal that’s not love in my opinion, that’s simply emotional dependancy.
  • your_future_ex_wife
    Options

I agree but I’m going out on a limb to say that in a healthy relationship, all parties do this so it isn’t always a single giver. If you look out for me and i look out for you, that makes a beautiful circle and we both get our needs met.

When it’s not reciprocal that’s not love in my opinion, that’s simply emotional dependancy.
    Beautifully said
  • Tankiscool
    Tankiscool Posts: 11,105 Member
    Options
    Tacos 🤷

On Tuesdays or everyday?!?!
  • _Paparazzi_
    _Paparazzi_ Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    My pet that loves me unconditional .
  • Tankiscool
    Options

Dog??
  • neil2019
    neil2019 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    everywhere .. you just have to feel it yourself
  • Tankiscool
    Options
    Love is phrasing this question as "what is love?" So I could have replied to it as "Baby don't hurt me" but you didn't 😒😥
  • _Paparazzi_
    _Paparazzi_ Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Tankiscool wrote: »

Dog??

Any animal that I take care of .
  • laprimaJenny
    Options
    gb0g0y2ytld5.gif
  • Tankiscool