HELP... Anniversary Dinner Melting Pot

Options
Hubbie is taking me for out anniversary at melting pot. THIS is why I'm his wife! He is so great...

I guess some things are worth it, but I'm afraid this will send me in a downward spiral....

Replies

• kami3006
    kami3006 Posts: 4,978 Member
    Options
    kimny72 wrote: »
    That's the wrong way to think about it, like a self fulfilling prophecy :smile:

One dinner has absolutely NO POWER over your course. None. Even if you hoover down 3000 calories of all the gooeyness, when you wake up the next morning you are still in control.

Try to eat a little lighter before the dinner. Try not to go overboard at dinner, but since it sounds like this dinner is not a common occurrence, enjoy the hell out of it. Give yourself permission to enjoy your meal, and give yourself a pat on the back for any good choices you make during it.

Then get up the next morning and just get right back on plan, because that's how you roll now. You might see a weight spike for a few days from water weight, but it will ease off. You might end up eating back your whole deficit for the week, but it's just one week. This is real life, it throws you curve balls, it smacks you with bad days. Shaking them off and leaving them in the past is how you succeed. Congrats on the anniversary and have fun :drinker:

^ Wise words.

Have a fantastic anniversary!
  • Ssssss666666
    Ssssss666666 Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    Good glad you enjoyed it, your worth it
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,643 Member
    Options
    I ate what I wanted and it was so good!

I bet it was good, I've heard tasty things about Melting Pot and it sounds delicious!
  • ljbw12
    ljbw12 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Happy Anniversary! Glad to hear you enjoyed your dinner. Love the Melting Pot!
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,083 Member
    Options
    Im glad you enjoyed it, i think special occasions should always be dietfree! Life is for enjoying, and in them special moments you dont want go be fretting over calories.

For me, christmas DAY (not the lead up to it as well) and my birthday are "diet free" days!

Im not married yet, but ill be on my 7 year anniversary this year with my partner from when we got together. We always forget about it though LOL too busy with rhe kids most the time!
  • whmscll
    whmscll Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    I agree, special occasions should be enjoyed with abandon.