Help

Options

Replies

• Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,584 Member
    Options
    What about saving calories for a night snack? Something like air-popped popcorn could give you a decent volume of food for not a lot of calories. Same goes for cut up veggies dipped in a yogurt dressing like Bolthouse dressings. Their creamy garlic and salsa ranch are my favorites. Don't beat yourself up, try different things and learn from your mistakes to find what works for you for the long term.
  • ultra_violets
    ultra_violets Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I'm curious what you eat in a typical day. It sounds like you're not eating enough. The way I deal with it is I listen to my body. If your body is saying feed me, there's a reason. Especially if you're so hungry you can't sleep. I usually have a protein snack before bed, like an ounce of cheddar cheese or some nuts to keep me full and keep my blood sugar stable all night. Good luck!
  • Panini911
    Panini911 Posts: 2,325 Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    agree with the above. sometimes people start a "diet" and eat only foods they perceive as "healthy" and way under eat. Creating a way of eating that is unsustainable (and possibly unhealthy).

here is a great guide to getting started:
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1080242/a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants/p1

With more information we can provided more specific tips (ex: what are your stats: current weight, goal weight, how much are you eating, do you use a food scale, what rate of loss did you select)

I keep calories for a bedtime snack.
  • michelleparker460
    michelleparker460 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Oh and my weight is 233 my goal weight is 199 and I'm 5 5
  • michelleparker460
    Options
    Thank you for those who took the time to respond I think it's nice just being able to vent and here's some feedback. Thanks for the support today's a new day I'm going to try hard
  • michelleparker460
    Options
    I am only trying to lose a pound a week the app says I can eat around 1700 calories a day. I don't mind eating chicken and veggies and I allow myself little treats throughout the day like a handful of chips that I count or track just so I don't feel deprived. But it's at night when I'm not really hungry but just want to eat then I go over my calorie count. And I've struggled with this in the past but I will wake up and eat in the middle of the night just to eat and I feel like I'm half asleep and not really know what I'm doing and feel remorseful in the morning.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    I am only trying to lose a pound a week the app says I can eat around 1700 calories a day. I don't mind eating chicken and veggies and I allow myself little treats throughout the day like a handful of chips that I count or track just so I don't feel deprived. But it's at night when I'm not really hungry but just want to eat then I go over my calorie count. And I've struggled with this in the past but I will wake up and eat in the middle of the night just to eat and I feel like I'm half asleep and not really know what I'm doing and feel remorseful in the morning.

Have you tried saving a couple of hundred calories for a snack at night before you go to bed?
    Try coming up with some other easy things to do at night, like reading or playing a video game or a crossword puzzle book, and leave it where you would normally go to grab snacks to remind yourself to do that instead.
    Get in the habit of pre-logging all your food before you actually eat it. If you decide you're going to grab some pretzels, weighing out a serving and logging it and seeing what it will do to your numbers may help.

If you are sleep eating, you might want to talk to your doctor about either a sleep study or therapy to deal with that.
  • Halloweenmom31
    Halloweenmom31 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Hi
    Do you take any meds at night? I do the same thing. I take Xanax for sleep but found I’m eating in the night. I’m not even hungry. I just feel like I need to eat. I eat my dinner right before I go to sleep. That way I’m full and it helps not to eat at night. I’ve lost 53 pounds. But the past month I gained 5 back from sleep eating. The struggle is real! I guess try eating dinner then climbing into bed. It helped me loose 50 doing it that way.
    Good luck!
  • michelleparker460
    Options
    So I know it's still sleep eating, but I put an apple by my bedside and throughout the night I ate the apple instead of rummaging through the kitchen :-)