Down 21.3 lbs in 3 Weeks on the Atkins 20 Diet

Today was our third full week on the diet, and my wife was down 10 lbs today and I was down 21. We have really become disciplined with everything we are eating, and staying under the 20 net carbs daily.

Wishing all of you the best and love following a lot of you and your journeys. You help motivate us! Everyone stay strong, and continued success!

Replies

• juliakhanna3
    juliakhanna3 Posts: 8 Member
    That's incredible!! Very inspiring!
  • TheOldBallCoach43420
    TheOldBallCoach43420 Posts: 119 Member
    Congratulations on your progress so far.

Do realize quite a bit of that loss is water as you are eating fewer carbs.

Have you both worked out a plan for moving forward to maintenance and how you are going to eat for the rest of your lives?

Is an Atkins type diet one that is sustainable Lon term?

Cheers, h.

We both have plans moving forward and can tell a huge difference in how clothes fit, and how we feel. On top of that, no food cravings. I went from 6-7 cans of pop a day, most days, to only 5 or so in past 3 weeks. Don’t even crave it!
  • GabbieRunsAllDay
    GabbieRunsAllDay Posts: 10 Member
    That seems like an unhealthy rate of weight loss, you should see a doctor.
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,287 Member
    It is fun and motivating to see progress like that. congrats... best of luck to you as you move forward.
  • pierinifitness
    pierinifitness Posts: 2,231 Member
    Keep us posted how your journey goes.
  • Hilogirl2018
    Hilogirl2018 Posts: 687 Member
    Great job! Even if it soon slows (always does for me on low carb), what a fantastically motivating jumpstart!
  • njitaliana
    njitaliana Posts: 814 Member
    See a doctor? I was nearly 400lbs and drinking nearly 6 cans of pop a day, eating everything known to man, and with no discipline. Now dead set on what I am doing, motivated, not drinking any pop, or no snacks. See a doctor? Good grief.

You are doing really well. Someone on another site told me I lost my weight "wrong." I have 71 lbs off so far.
  • rajjivahaloh
    rajjivahaloh Posts: 32 Member
    I love reading about the mindful changes in your eating and drinking, the freedom from cravings, and the results you're experiencing! Way to go!!
  • 1princesswarrior
    1princesswarrior Posts: 1,242 Member
    The rate of weight loss depends on how much you have to lose as well. Changing your habits so drastically will clearly help you lose quickly, albeit mostly water weight.

I think the takeaway is that you're changing your habits and that is what matters. Just realize if you cannot make this a lifestyle change that your weight loss will slow or even stop. Weight loss slows down for everyone as they get closer to their target weight too.
  • TheOldBallCoach43420
    I have about 150lbs to lose, but that is my “early goal”. Scale is moving, clothing fitting better, feel great, and disciplined to do this right!!! Biggest motivator is all of you!!! Appreciate your motivation!
  • 150poundsofme
    150poundsofme Posts: 523 Member
    I was looking on-line at
    Atkins 20. I see it is mostly 3 meals a day though there were some snacks you could eat. Do you just do 3 meals or do you also have snacks and if snacks, how many do you have a day? Thank you and continued success!
  • TheOldBallCoach43420
    I was looking on-line at
    Atkins 20. I see it is mostly 3 meals a day though there were some snacks you could eat. Do you just do 3 meals or do you also have snacks and if snacks, how many do you have a day? Thank you and continued success!

We have stuck to the three meals a day, but in the evenings if we are still hungry, we cut up some summer sausage and cheese for a snack. After the first few days we were not hungry anyway where we even wanted to snack. I was nearly 400 pounds, so for me to say that, you know the theory that was out there about being full, is true.

I wish you nothing but the best!
  • debsydoo556
    debsydoo556 Posts: 16 Member
    Wow! Well done to you both 👏🏻👏🏻