Need detox island green smoothie recipe

Options
sarakeys3
sarakeys3 Posts: 3 Member
Does anyone have the recipe for the DETOX naturally sweetened Island green smoothie from tropical smoothie?

Replies

• mstrike
    mstrike Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have one I like its 5 ingredients
    2 bananas
    1 Apple
    1lime or lemon or orange squeezed
    Water as needed
    1 cup young spinach
    Instructions
    Peel bananas and apple
    Cut into slices put into blender
    Wash spinach leaves and add to blender.
    Squeeze lime or lemon or orange
    Add water
    Blend until smooth and serve
    Makes 1 smoothie ❤
  • sarakeys3
    Options
    It’s not because I want the detox I just want the veggies and it to be naturally sweetened. I enjoy the taste and it’a low in calories.
  • missysippy930
    missysippy930 Posts: 2,577 Member
    Options
    OP your message says DETOX in cap letters. Suggests importance. That’s what our liver and kidneys do.
    Good source for recipes for smoothies, GOOGLE.
  • aokoye
    aokoye Posts: 3,495 Member
    Options
    Smoothies can be tasty. They will, however, never detox your body - nor will anything else you consume. Your kidneys and liver will do all of that work if they're working properly. If they aren't working correctly then you should be under the care of a doctor. Or really likely a team of doctors because there's no way your GP would be the only one managing this.
  • placeboBL
    placeboBL Posts: 62 Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    While everyone that’s responding about the body’s ability to detox itself is completely correct, the OP is simply looking for a copycat recipe from a chain.

Try this:

3/4ths of a medium banana
    One cup raw kale
    3oz pineapple
    One mango
    1tbsp fresh ginger
    One cup raw spinach

This will make two servings. Freeze half or share. Good luck.
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 8,984 Member
    Options
    if that is what OP wants perhaps would be better just to ask for green smoothie recipes , leave out the detox, leave out the island (I'm not sure what island means in this context?) - as I'm sure many people have their favourites of green smoothies and she could get some ideas to try.
  • placeboBL
    placeboBL Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    if that is what OP wants perhaps would be better just to ask for green smoothie recipes , leave out the detox, leave out the island (I'm not sure what island means in this context?) - as I'm sure many people have their favourites of green smoothies and she could get some ideas to try.

That’s what the smoothie is called at the restaurant. She was just being specific.
  • sarakeys3
    Options
    Yes that is exactly what I was trying to do. Tropical Smoothie Cafe has a detox Island green which is naturally sweetened and a regular Island green smoothie that is sweetened with turbinando. I am not trying to detox my body and was just looking for this specific recipe because I really enjoy the taste and do not want the added sugars or artificial sugar. Thank you placeboBL!