4 weeks bulk 2 weeks cut

Hi all need some advice please?! I was eating around 1200 cal before my vacation, i am 38 years old 156cm height and 46.6 kilos (44.6 a week ago before vacation), i train 2 times a week lifting and 2 classes of leg bums and tums. I would like to gain muscle before my next holiday in 6 weeks so i was thinking maybe i could bulk for 4 and then cut for 2 if this makes any sense I've never done this before i only start lifting in january this year. I also wanted to leave the classes and lift maybe 3 or 4 days a week so maybe it could be more effective. Does anyone know if this could work or is 4 weeks of bulking nonsense? 😅 And how many cals should i eat and macros? My bf is 17.6%. Thanks

Replies

• Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    edited June 2019
    giuly7112 wrote: »
    Hi all need some advice please?! I was eating around 1200 cal before my vacation, i am 38 years old 156cm height and 46.6 kilos (44.6 a week ago before vacation), i train 2 times a week lifting and 2 classes of leg bums and tums. I would like to gain muscle before my next holiday in 6 weeks so i was thinking maybe i could bulk for 4 and then cut for 2 if this makes any sense I've never done this before i only start lifting in january this year. I also wanted to leave the classes and lift maybe 3 or 4 days a week so maybe it could be more effective. Does anyone know if this could work or is 4 weeks of bulking nonsense? 😅 And how many cals should i eat and macros? My bf is 17.6%. Thanks

While there certainly nothing wrong with a four week surplus-two week deficit cycle of sorts, I wouldn't find it useful for the a short term goal that you describe.

Muscular hypertrophy in the best conditions e.g. young male, sensitive to training, geared, etc...wouldn't see much results in six weeks with that plan. I would hazard that isn't your situation, so you wouldn't come close your expectations of hypertrophy.

Lifting three days a week is better than two. I would advise that. Even four in your case isn't bad if you have time restraints. Certain two days of lifting is suboptimal.