Accountability Needed and greatly appreciated

Options
Not good and not unexpected results from yesterday's annual physical. Glucose is slightly elevated, LDL, cholesterol and triglycerides need to be addressed immediately or I will be going on cholesterol meds at my follow up appointment in August. I am 60 years young (have to force myself to type young but its all about perspective agree?) HBP (which I take meds for) heart disease and diabetes run in the family. I've been apathetic and lazy long enough. I am taking a pic today and will logging into my food diary, grocery shopping after work - I need accountability partners - anyone interested?

Replies

• ttnizzle
    ttnizzle Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm interested and could also use a accountability partner
  • bobshuckleberry
    bobshuckleberry Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    I will work with ya. I am 51, my husband is 61. You can get those numbers down without meds and without crazy dieting. Exercise and choosing foods that fuel your body (nutrition) will do a lot. Make small doable changes at a time. Park further away from the door, cut sugar for your coffee or tea in half. Hit me up with a friend request.
  • 2muchchocncrisps
    2muchchocncrisps Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Oh yes! Same problem - went to Doctors with one problem and blood test gave me another - high cholesterol. No eggs, no prawns I can do but I need to lose the weight and eat the right foods. Really don’t want to take meds so I’m back on mfp and need to be accountable now so interested
  • TulieRose21
    TulieRose21 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I’d be happy to be an accountability buddy. Please friend me!
  • Pamela_Sue
    Pamela_Sue Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    Hi, I noticed we have some similarities and I would be happy to be an accountability partner. My doctor gave me until July to get my act together. I have diabetes and am on cholesterol meds. My blood pressure has been in the 145/90 range, so I am working on improving that to avoid any meds. My goals are to lose weight, get off the cholesterol meds, avoid any high blood pressure meds, and get in better shape. I was also apathetic for a long time, but my depression is much better and I am finally getting serious. Oh, I am also 60 years young! Feel free to friend me.
  • Matilda444
    Matilda444 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I am 62. I would love to help!