SHOULD I GAIN WEIGHT FIRST BEFORE HITTING THE GYM?

Options
I'm really confused right now. I'm 6 foot tall 60 kilos, and having hard time eating food that are supposed to, also i find it hard to make schedule for the foods i should eat. I need help guys. TYIA!

Replies

• magnusthenerd
    magnusthenerd Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    By hitting the gym, do you mean you're doing a structured lifting / resistance training program?
    If so, you're probably better off doing it while gaining weight, even starting from underweight.

If time is an issue for getting in food, there shouldn't be a problem with getting in convenience foods. Since you're underweight, just getting in calories is going to be more important than what kind of food the calories come from.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    Yup, lift while gaining so you gain mostly muscle and some fat, as opposed to not lifting and gain pretty much all fat.

If you have trouble eating enough, maybe try drinking more calories. takes less time and fills you up much less than solid foods.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    It won’t hurt to get used to a progressive lifting routine.

As for gaining, eating food is good. Eat what you like and eat lots of it. Have something to eat when you get up in the morning and have something to eat before you go to bed. I knew a family that saw huge gains by ending their day with a bowl of cereal. It’s amazing how those calories add up.

Have hikers mix, beef jerky, and energy bars on your person at all times. When you have a break, eat.

As for drinks, meal replacement drinks and chocolate milk can get you lots of calories quickly.
  • hymnandhim
    hymnandhim Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    jgnatca wrote: »
    It won’t hurt to get used to a progressive lifting routine.

As for gaining, eating food is good. Eat what you like and eat lots of it. Have something to eat when you get up in the morning and have something to eat before you go to bed. I knew a family that saw huge gains by ending their day with a bowl of cereal. It’s amazing how those calories add up.

Have hikers mix, beef jerky, and energy bars on your person at all times. When you have a break, eat.

As for drinks, meal replacement drinks and chocolate milk can get you lots of calories quickly.

Needed this advice 🙏🏿 I've recently started drinking chocolate milk as well!
  • vladp21
    vladp21 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    At your heigth, 60 kgs is a bit underweight. You'll have to eat uncomfortable amounts of food in order to get yourself to 70 75 kgs
  • 75xCrazyCanuckx75
    75xCrazyCanuckx75 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Too many ppl over complicate things.

Youre a novice. Just go to the gym and lift weights and eat healthy food 4 to 5 times a day The end.

After a year or two start looking at where youre lacking.