The Diamond Challenge (DITR) Round 5 Week 1

Options

Replies

• Shawn_Marie
    Options
    Thanks for the web site; I am going to check it out tonight.

So how is everyone doing? I am loving my new HRM; this is the first I have had one and I am so pleased with it! Didn't buy the most expensive nor the cheapest and it was a great buy!
    I thought the treadmill at the gym was faulty yesterday because as I stepped on it the HR showed ..... then I realized it was reading my HRM!

Hope everyone is as pumped as I am for this challenge; I needed this motivation!!
  • romade188
    romade188 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Born in Pennsylvania, but basically raised in NJ.. I'm 25 min outside Atlantic City..
  • onehecticmom
    onehecticmom Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the web site; I am going to check it out tonight.

So how is everyone doing? I am loving my new HRM; this is the first I have had one and I am so pleased with it! Didn't buy the most expensive nor the cheapest and it was a great buy!
    I thought the treadmill at the gym was faulty yesterday because as I stepped on it the HR showed ..... then I realized it was reading my HRM!

Hope everyone is as pumped as I am for this challenge; I needed this motivation!!

Which one did you get? I was thinking of a Polar one... really WANT a bodybugg, but they are more than I am willing to pay. Maybe if I wasn't able to lose on my own, but so far so good.
  • lustris
    lustris Posts: 152
    Options
    I am really not sure what days I should be posting a question? Anyway, I have one :embarassed:

I started using an HRM today; it registered a total of 1 hour 6 minutes and a calorie burn of 432. This is how I logged it for today:

treadmill: 41 mins 323 calories (reading from treadmill) then put the remaining under 10 minutes of circuit training to log the remaining 109 calories so my total would be right .... WWYD?

Not sure I'm completely following you on this one. Are you saying that you tried to add up what is in MFP's database already to get the number your HRM told you? If this is the case there is an option to put in your own exercises. That way you can name them whatever you like as well as log your exact calories that the HRM gave you.
  • lustris
    Options
    Hi i'm new to MFP is it possible for me to still join this group?? Love the idea of support and good health competition:)

Hello and welcome to MFP! Currently this team is full, but if you are interested you can copy and paste this link and it will help you get set up to be part of the Diamond Challenge :)

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/321452-ladies-buddy-up-and-lose-weight-join-the-diamonds-open?hl=diamonds
  • lustris
    Options
    Hey I just thought I'd take a moment and share a website with everyone just in case someone doesn't know about it. It's called hungry-girl.com . It's the most awesome site because you can find tons of recipes that have been worked with and worked into low-calorie dishes!!! Yum!!! With the holidays right around the corner I thought this was a great thing to share!!

LOVE this site, it has been bookmarked for a while. My all time favorite site though would be skinnytaste.com. Gina has the most delicious low cal recipes!
  • lustris
    Options
    Sorry this is late!

QOTD for Thursday August 25th.

What are you most looking forward to when you reach your goal? Whether it be an article of clothing, a sense of accomplishment, a celebratory trip somewhere, etc?

Me, I want better chances at a healthy pregnancy as well as being able to grab ANYTHING out of my closet and know that I am going to look GOOD!
  • clioandboy
    clioandboy Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    QOTD Thursday..... I'm looking forward to making love with absolute abandon lol!
  • onehecticmom
    onehecticmom Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    I want to not look pregnant. I am tired of people asking me when I'm due.
  • kris24824
    kris24824 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Thursday QOTD: I would like to start a family w/ my husband. Also, I really want to be able to keep up with him in physical activities, biking, running, etc. He is really great about helping with my fitness goals (but not so much with my food goals.)
  • christinad95
    christinad95 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Hey I just thought I'd take a moment and share a website with everyone just in case someone doesn't know about it. It's called hungry-girl.com . It's the most awesome site because you can find tons of recipes that have been worked with and worked into low-calorie dishes!!! Yum!!! With the holidays right around the corner I thought this was a great thing to share!!

LOVE this site, it has been bookmarked for a while. My all time favorite site though would be skinnytaste.com. Gina has the most delicious low cal recipes!

I love skinnytaste.com now that I know about it!!! Thanks!!
  • christinad95
    christinad95 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Sorry this is late!

What are you most looking forward to when you reach your goal? Whether it be an article of clothing, a sense of accomplishment, a celebratory trip somewhere, etc?

Me, I want better chances at a healthy pregnancy as well as being able to grab ANYTHING out of my closet and know that I am going to look GOOD!

I know this may sound funny, but when my husband and I were 24 we were given custody of my two brothers. We went from a family of 4 to a family of 6 overnight. We were in the process of planning our wedding and because our finances changed we had to make some cuts. One of them was the type of rings we wanted. We got what we could afford. Not what we wanted but what we could afford. Well recently we've discussed getting new rings for each other and we talked about maybe having a small ceremony to renew our vows to each other. Now here is where my answer to the daily question comes in: I do not plan on wearing a dress or anything fancy for that matter when we do this. My husband is the type that loves a woman in nice jeans, boots and a pretty shirt. Nothing over done but makes you look awesome!! (ya know, those outfits that you throw together that make everyone's head turn, but really it's the most simple combination) That's what I'm looking foward to. Being able to stand there with him in a pair of jeans that I look dynamite in with maybe a pretty cami-style shirt, and have nothing bulging or hanging out making the outfit look ridiculous. Where the few others that may be there are thinking, boy he's a lucky man!!! That's what I'm looking forward too.:smile:
  • MommyRobot
    MommyRobot Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I want to look good in a skirt suit.
  • romade188
    romade188 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I want to look sexy in a pair of cut off jean shorts and cowgirl boots, lol.. J/K, but really I just wanna look hot in everything and anything I put on..
  • AleenaZ
    AleenaZ Posts: 117
    Options
    QOTD for Wednesday August 24th

Where is everyone from? : I am from Minneapolis Minnesota

Prior to my pregnancies my husband loved seeing me in this one particular dress which sadly I no longer fit in at all .. I want to put that on and see the look on my husbands face :)
  • o0IrishEyes0o
    o0IrishEyes0o Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure what I'm looking forward to most. Probably just not feeling "ick" every time I pass by a reflective surface. I don't want to dread sneaking a peak at my reflection :( Not being afraid to have my picture taken would be nice too....

That probably sounds ridiculous and vain... but I think people take it for granted :(
  • CalamityCat
    Options
    I'm most looking forward to conceiving lol!!
  • holly_bear
    Options
    I need to answer two questions....

I am From Nova Scotia Canada,

and I want to look and feel comfortable in clothes, have a higer self esteem, and be at a healthy weight to get pregnant as well.

I could go on and on!!
  • IamOnMywayNow
    IamOnMywayNow Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    I am from Fairhope Alabama and I am most looking forward to feeling pretty again. I have always been larger than I should but I have been looking back at pictures from when I was first married and I want to be that size again (size7). Even though I thought I was fat back then I realize that I was HOT! I hope to feel that way again:)
  • Karmiene
    Karmiene Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Sorry I have been MIA- it has been an insane weekend!

Me too! Sorry guys!

QOTD Monday: What changes have you made to your diet/fitness routine, if any, to kick off this challenge?

None which is why I’m not currently doing so hot. It’s my intention to create a menu just to have a food plan. Also, if I don’t get my stuff together by the end of the challenge, I’m going to quit one of my jobs so I can focus on what I need to do here. Putting in the extra time seemed to be working and I thought this second job would only make things better but it’s actually hurt. I don’t have time to prepare and find it easy to justify eating out. So, I’m eating out more and exercising less. What a horrible combination. Either I create a plan and make it work, or I take a step down and refocus. Last chance to make it work.

QOTD Tuesday: Losing weight is a huge accomplishment! What other accomplishments are you proud of?

I’m proud of my smarts.

QOTD for Wednesday: Where is everyone from?

Love Seattle and live in Colorado

QOTD for Thursday:

Uninhibited dirty sex… with the lights on.

Friday's QOTD: Who has been the most inspirational/motivating person to you since you started trying to improve your health and why?

Me. I love my inspiring MFP BFF but ultimately I credit my progress to myself which means since I’ve been in a slump, I can’t blame anyone else either.

QOTD Saturday: What do you do when you reach a plateau, what works for you and how do you stick to it?

Mix things up and keep my body confused. I eat more, eat less, workout, rest.

SUNDAY QOTD: What is your favorite healthy recipe to make when you’re on a time crunch?

Grilled meat, frozen vegetables and rice.