Weightloss surgery.. need support!

Options
Hello everyone! I've started the journey for bariatric surgery, as this is my 3rd time needing to lose over 100+ lbs. I'm seeing if there is anyone out there that has had surgery or is in the same boat as me?

This is a judge free zone so please do not judge!

Replies

• Qbaimee
    Qbaimee Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I am a little over 4 years out from the sleeve. My only advice is to make sure you are ready to change your eating habits for the rest of your life. Having surgery isn't just about losing weight, in the end its all about your mindset. I cannot stress this enough. I have had some regain b/c I did not prepare my mind for this lifestyle change. and now here I am fighting to lose the regain. It's is ALL mental!
    Good luck on your journey! :)
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,287 Member
    Options
    I wish you the best... All I have read and heard is that some people can regain if they don't change their eating habits. I guess like any diet. I think that singer fro Wilson Phillips regained her weight back after her surgery.

• MichelleSilverleaf
    MichelleSilverleaf Posts: 2,028 Member
    Options
    leefuuxx wrote: »
    Hello everyone! I've started the journey for bariatric surgery, as this is my 3rd time needing to lose over 100+ lbs. I'm seeing if there is anyone out there that has had surgery or is in the same boat as me?

This is a judge free zone so please do not judge!

My mother had it done, she's about 11 weeks post-op now. The part that she's struggled with the most is eating after surgery. A lot of things are difficult for her to eat even at this stage. Some things are just out of the question, like leafy greens and breads. It's a lot of trial and error. She had a lot of thirst for the first eight weeks too. At her last check-up she was told to periodically try things that had been hard, sometimes it takes awhile for the body to accept certain foods again. You're going to be on vitamins the rest of your life too, but there are chewable versions which I'd strongly recommend after surgery. Swallowing pills is just not going to happen for you post-op.