Any Clydesdale/Athena runners out there?

Options
If so, I'd love to hear about your race experience! I'm thinking about doing some CARA (Chicago Area Runners Association) races through the weight divisions. I'm trying to figure out what exactly the benefits are/how it makes the race (or results) experience different. Also -- I'm sure there are, but do you know of any Clydesdale/Athena training groups? Not necessarily in Chicago, just anywhere! I'd love to hear about them!
Thanks!

--EDITED 8:37 am CST TO CLARIFY INTENT--

Replies

• almorrow1s
    almorrow1s Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I've been an Athena in several races in Mid Missouri, but I don't know of any groups that are organized for that here or in Chicago. Best of luck and keep running!
  • jogdog
    jogdog Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I was Athena 175 lbs + for a race here in New Orleans... Fat Boy Race 5K! I absolutely loved it! Got a medal in the shape of a donut and I am so proud of that. For my weight class I finished 4th and that made me feel incredible. Everybody was super supportive and I met a lot of other chubby running people that I have seen at other races and we always wave and smile to each other. I definitely plan on doing it again. The Fat Boy Race travels, but try to look them up just to see if they might be there or they are willing to branch out there.
  • thedreamhazer
    thedreamhazer Posts: 1,156 Member
    Options
    I was Athena 175 lbs + for a race here in New Orleans... Fat Boy Race 5K! I absolutely loved it! Got a medal in the shape of a donut and I am so proud of that. For my weight class I finished 4th and that made me feel incredible. Everybody was super supportive and I met a lot of other chubby running people that I have seen at other races and we always wave and smile to each other. I definitely plan on doing it again. The Fat Boy Race travels, but try to look them up just to see if they might be there or they are willing to branch out there.

Haha, this sounds great! I want a donut-shaped medal! I'll have to look and see if it's coming to Chicago/weight classes.
  • jogdog
    jogdog Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Haha, this sounds great! I want a donut-shaped medal! I'll have to look and see if it's coming to Chicago/weight classes.

Had to be in the top 150 finishers in either men or women to get the donut medal. I was exactly the 100th woman to finish. Had to pass a little old lady at the sprint to the finish portion, but it was all in good fun.