Hello folks

Although I joined originally in 2015, I did nothing with it. Now it is 4 years later and I have only gotten older and bigger. At 58 years old and 70 pounds overweight, something's gotta change... like my eating and lack of activity.... SO... I saw a nutritionist, we broke it all down as to what I need to be taking in... and she wanted me to do MFP due to the breakdown of nutrients... will be looking for suggestions for quick, low cal meals, as I don't have a lot of time to cook due to work schedule...

Replies

• Steribeat
    Steribeat Posts: 2 Member
    I tend to have chicken breasts with apple slices and caramel for dinner a lot. Its a simple meal, a little odd but it gives me protein and some sugar for energy.

Theres also a meatloaf my dad makes with ground turkey, couscous as the binder with some veggies mixed it. You mix all these things in a bowl (id reccomend cooking the couscous to be soft) and put them in a pan with some lowfat cheese or ketchup if youd like or nothinf at all and its a reallt flavorful dinner :).

Also some quick to assemble thincrust pizzas are good. My dad would make them to where the WHOLE pizza was 400 calories. You can get the crusts at the 99 cent store with some ground sausage and lowfat cheese. :)

Theres also meals at the grocery story that are, yes, microwave meals but they are 240 calories (typical dinner is 400-500) and take 5 minutes to make and all you need to do is add a little seasoning salt and theyre ready. I like the shrimp pasta ones. Its just lean cuisine but theyre good.

Also any pasta is okay if you. get veggie pasta instead and use lighter sauces.

Cranberry juice is really good especially if youre a lady! (Unsure of Gender but 💙💙💙)

Hope some of these are good ideas!!!
  • jan110144
    jan110144 Posts: 1,281 Member
    Quick and easy is key for me.

I eat a lot if yogurt with whey protein and walnuts (sometimes.adding berries). Makes a quick breakfast, lunch lr snack that sustains me thru an active period until my next meal.

For dinner ... some sort of grilled meat or fowl or baked fish, steamed or nuked veggies and fresh fruit. It rarely takes me longer than 10 min to prepare dinner.