Keto Fasting

Options
Anyone else? I’ve never been ‘fat adapted’ till I started intermittent fasting 16:8 I still eat a great meal and am full till my next meal.
Anyone else do this? I’d love to follow like minded peeps

Replies

• Aqualang26
    Aqualang26 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I do a 20:4 IF most days for months, but I'm definitely hungry those last couple of hours. I've done a number of 24 he fasts too. I'd like to try an extended fast, but I'm nervous about trying to sleep hungry.

Anyway, yes, please feel free to add me. IF has become almost second nature.
  • mommysubof3
    mommysubof3 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm working on doing the IF I know once I start working it will be a lot easier for me. I'll be too busy to make breakfast for me when I'm trying to get ready and kids ready. I started Keto on 1/1/18 and down 16 lbs.
  • tamsketo123
    tamsketo123 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I started keto on 11th was 213.8lbs and now 204 lbs i am doing IF 16-8 some times 20-4
    Feel free to add me
  • 19Rie
    19Rie Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am in my final hours of my first extended (72 hour) fast. Surprisingly, I was able to sleep just fine with a little help from melatonin. I had been doing the 20-24 hour fast thing daily but just couldn’t get into Ketosis. Now that I’m officially in Ketosis I’m hoping for a smooth transition to a Keto meal during my eating window.
  • daremightythings
    daremightythings Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    fasting and keto have nothing to do with each other?
  • CallMe_SIR
    CallMe_SIR Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Looking for new friends that are eating Keto and intermittent fasting.

Send me a request.
  • pierinifitness
    pierinifitness Posts: 2,226 Member
    Options
    19Rie wrote: »
    I am in my final hours of my first extended (72 hour) fast. Surprisingly, I was able to sleep just fine with a little help from melatonin. I had been doing the 20-24 hour fast thing daily but just couldn’t get into Ketosis. Now that I’m officially in Ketosis I’m hoping for a smooth transition to a Keto meal during my eating window.

Be careful sharing such feats because doing so makes your sharing likely to get shut down by the MFP moderators. Extended fasts are generally not well-received here. Congratulations on your extended fast. My experience is that people who do this have done their homework and engage in safety first. Never have rode that bus.

• tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    ...but extended consumption of doughnuts won't get you kicked off...

In any case, I'm currently alternating between 13 and 18 hour fasts to fit with my calorie/carb cycling, and I have done keto for migraine control almost 2 years now, and my food diary is open.
  • smithmommaof2
    smithmommaof2 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I do 16:8 most days and Keto! Feel free to add me!
  • DJtobias13
    DJtobias13 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I usually do 16:8 IF on a regular basis... also on a modified keto diet geared more for athletes, it's a 50/30/20 split instead of the standard 5-10% carbs. I am constantly in and out of ketosis, which I'm fine with. I'm new to keto and always looking for MFPals... usually on daily, anyone feel free to add me.
  • Vclark1213
    Vclark1213 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi I have been doing keto for a month now and have had a difficult time really dropping weight so on Monday I started IF 18:6 and I love it so far! I feel better and am finally really seeing the scale move! Feel free to add me! I need more friends on here and would love to support your journey as well!