1 year weight lifting transformation

KaleiAlanaSmith
KaleiAlanaSmith Posts: 133 Member
I'd just like to share my transformation and journey through weight lifting! I began working out Feb of 2018, and did a lot of random weights with a large amount of cardio. I decided to focus solely on weights around August of 2018. I have definitely progressed and gained a large amounts of muscle in my biceps, triceps, legs, and calves.

I'm also 6 pounds heavier now than last year, (140 now, 134 last year).

My next step is figuring out a way for me to "cut" and be happy. I would like to keep strength training and not sacrifice too much for cardio. I have already tried the past 3 weeks to incorporate HIIT and cardio into my routine to no avail because I hate it! Lol. Any cutting advice will be appreciated.

o4cpemkesd0c.jpeg
iu05ivq4vpjx.jpeg

Replies

• jseams1234
    jseams1234 Posts: 1,216 Member
    Very nice progress. You can see it particularly in your arms/biceps.
  • Commander_Keen
    Commander_Keen Posts: 1,181 Member
    Very Inspiring.
  • vivmack
    vivmack Posts: 26 Member
    Wowww you look amazing! I am try8ng to cut back on cardio now and doing weights and full body workouts! Did you increase your number of calories when you atarted weight training? And how often are you weight training?
  • KaleiAlanaSmith
    edited May 2019
    vivmack wrote: »
    Wowww you look amazing! I am try8ng to cut back on cardio now and doing weights and full body workouts! Did you increase your number of calories when you atarted weight training? And how often are you weight training?

Thank you!! :) Last year I was eating around 1200-1500 calories before solely focusing on weights and stopping cardio. I now eat around 1900-2000 calories give or take depending on how much I burn at work or during my workout! I increased it because I felt very weak and my joints were hurting while weight lifting and eating a low amount of calories. I love it too because I see a huge amount of strength increase and muscle growth and minimal fat increase.

As far as training I do weight lifting 5-6x a week :) Push, legs, pull, legs, full body. I tryyyy to incorporate cardio but never do.
  • ecjim
    ecjim Posts: 1,001 Member
    Look at those Guns!! - Nice job
  • KaleiAlanaSmith
    Thank y'all so much for the kind words :))
  • dulinh
    dulinh Posts: 99 Member
    Nice work! It's a huge difference and I agree that you look leaner even though you're heavier. I'm doing a small cut while weight training without adding in more cardio (yuck!). I just scale back the calories by 200ish/day. I was eating around 1920 and have scaled back to 1750 until I lose a couple (4 ugh!) of vacation pounds. It really isn't very noticeable in terms of hunger although I'll be glad to be done and eating at a higher amount again. It's working - slowly, but working. Good luck!
  • Stew501
    Stew501 Posts: 65 Member
    Wow; great job!
  • TravisJHunt
    TravisJHunt Posts: 533 Member
    Awesome job! You look great and you can really see it in your arms!
  • Silkysausage
    Silkysausage Posts: 502 Member
    Woop! Awesome work lady, if only I could have a stomach like that at my age 😤
  • alexmose
    alexmose Posts: 792 Member
    dulinh wrote: »
    Nice work! It's a huge difference and I agree that you look leaner even though you're heavier. I'm doing a small cut while weight training without adding in more cardio (yuck!). I just scale back the calories by 200ish/day. I was eating around 1920 and have scaled back to 1750 until I lose a couple (4 ugh!) of vacation pounds. It really isn't very noticeable in terms of hunger although I'll be glad to be done and eating at a higher amount again. It's working - slowly, but working. Good luck!

Wow! Very jealous of this 1750 cut! I maintain at about 1600. I’m slowly increasing cals while lifting to hopefully be able to cut at something like 1600 in the future.
  • JohnnytotheB
    JohnnytotheB Posts: 361 Member
    Dang! Awesome job! You look fantastic!
  • wolomike80
    wolomike80 Posts: 10 Member
    I'd just like to share my transformation and journey through weight lifting! I began working out Feb of 2018, and did a lot of random weights with a large amount of cardio. I decided to focus solely on weights around August of 2018. I have definitely progressed and gained a large amounts of muscle in my biceps, triceps, legs, and calves.

I'm also 6 pounds heavier now than last year, (140 now, 134 last year).

My next step is figuring out a way for me to "cut" and be happy. I would like to keep strength training and not sacrifice too much for cardio. I have already tried the past 3 weeks to incorporate HIIT and cardio into my routine to no avail because I hate it! Lol. Any cutting advice will be appreciated.

o4cpemkesd0c.jpeg
    iu05ivq4vpjx.jpeg

Keep doing what you have been doing. It's working. Your gaining muscle size and getting leaner.
  • OooohToast
    OooohToast Posts: 257 Member
    Great muscle def ! What look are you going for with the cutting ? Cos its looking pretty good right now !
  • Henrywilliams467
    Henrywilliams467 Posts: 16 Member
    This is my transformation. Please let me know what you think and send me a friend request so that we can bounce ideas off of each other! njcypo0cmj2h.jpeg
  • DeterminedGirl08
    DeterminedGirl08 Posts: 23 Member
    Wow girl ! You already look pretty much cut to me. Great job. I think It is mostly about diet now. If you don’t like hiit...you won’t stay consistent. Target your diet and do regular cardio like waking at an incline or the stair master. That’s my two cents...
  • Catia335
    Catia335 Posts: 17 Member
    I'm going to repeat and say that you really do look cut already. Great transformation!
  • Ladyjack21
    Ladyjack21 Posts: 5 Member
    You look great !! Keep up the good word!! Maybe you can help me, I am trying to tone up my thighs and get rid of the cellulite do you have any advice?
  • richardpkennedy1
    richardpkennedy1 Posts: 1,890 Member
    Solid! How tall?