Syncing

Options
dschilling0426
dschilling0426 Posts: 6 Member
So this morning my MFP app appearance changed and since then it hasn’t been syncing with my Fitbit properly. Seriously growing tired of constant syncing issues they happen very frequently.

Replies

• johnttchen
    johnttchen Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    My app stopped syncing last night also but the appearance of the app changed a week ago and it still synced then.
  • mrsjessn
    mrsjessn Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    My app also hasn’t been syncing with my Fitbit since last night. Today when i logged food it said that it couldn’t connect with the servers and data was saved locally. I tried to log in on my PC and it wouldn’t let me log in at all. It looks like MFP is having some server issues all-around.
  • danae16
    danae16 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I'm having the same problem.
  • rianneonamission
    rianneonamission Posts: 854 Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    My lunch time I entered once on my phone, but it's showing the same entry about 15 times on the web version, and I get an error when I try to remove it on the web version. Fitbit hasn't been syncing since late last night.
  • thanos5
    thanos5 Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    couldn't have picked a worse time for this to happen. thanks mfp.
  • bretruch
    bretruch Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am also having the same issue. I believe it is something with MFP. I tried to disconnect the two apps and I could not disconnect FitBit from MFP.
  • ConnieAGinther
    ConnieAGinther Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    Glad I am not the only one having issues.
  • bryonysarah2019
    bryonysarah2019 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have tried today for the first time to sync fitbit to MFP, and it won't let me. Keeps saying I need to allow access - which I am! Any ideas anyone?
  • MdeBeugny
    MdeBeugny Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Definitely a problem! I had one snack entry about 40 times (well over my calorie limit!!!) And my steps aren't synching either!
  • chriseng99
    chriseng99 Posts: 2 Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Same. MFP stopped updating Fitbit stats, so I revoked access on the Fitbit side intending to reconnect MFP to it. But now MFP won't disconnect at all, so I can't reconnect.

MFP's known issues page says to disconnect Fitbit using this workaround, but that gives an error too.
    "Bug: Unable to disconnect fitbit from MyFitnessPal side from within the apps. SERVS-5106
    Workaround: Unlink via the website. Apps tab > Your Apps > select Fitbit > Disconnect"

I'm also getting that thing where food diary entries are showing up like 50+ times, and any time I try to "complete diary" from the app, it fails. What is going on MFP?

• carroladal2018
    carroladal2018 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm having the same problems. My food entry is listed about 50 times and tried to disconnect Fitbit. Now nothing is working. Does anyone know how to solve this?
  • Popsakul
    Popsakul Posts: 1 Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    My lunch time I entered once on my phone, but it's showing the same entry about 15 times on the web version, and I get an error when I try to remove it on the web version. Fitbit hasn't been syncing since late last night.

Same but my problem is breakfast - about 18 duplicates.

Just noticed my workout was duplicated as well (Sync with Garmin)

• hanksmom79
    hanksmom79 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    On the Fitbit issue, the advice is to NOT disconnect and relink at this time:

Our apologies for any issues with your connected Fitbit account. Today at around 11:45am we noticed an issue with our Fitbit sync causing a backlog which would affect the data syncing between your accounts. Initially, when the issue was first noticed, the backlog was on the decline and data started to sync again, but unfortunately that backlog has started to grow once more. Our team is currently investigating the cause of the issue, but while this backlog is occurring, your data will not sync between the accounts.

During this time, please do not relink your accounts, as this will worsen the backlog. We will post any updates on the issue here, so please check back.

​Thank you for your patience while we work on a resolution.

All the best,
    MyFitnessPal Staff
  • InkgirlKC
    InkgirlKC Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I noticed a pattern in the short time I've been here but its odd that in these types of threads most of the responders are first time posters. Do they just hover around the threads until they see a thread like this and then make their first post and never return to post again?
  • beckyn20
    beckyn20 Posts: 3 Member
    Options

Mine too!
  • rianneonamission
    rianneonamission Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Ooh, I synced about 90 mins ago, but since then no sync on Fitbit again. At least my diary is fairly accurate for today because of that one sync :)
  • bpayne91
    bpayne91 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    My Fitbit hasn’t synced to MFP for about a week now! It is very frustrating! When will this be fixed? Especially if people pay for premium??
  • Merkavar
    Merkavar Posts: 3,082 Member
    Options
    It’s been around 3 days for me. Not syncing
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    Options
    mftb76of3046.png