IIFYM Practioners just eat “junk”?

Options
quiksylver296
quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
I am someone who follows IIFYM (If It Fits Your Macros) as a way of eating. Many times, IIFYM haters state that all we eat is pop tarts, ice cream and cheeseburgers, and IIFYM is unhealthy.

That could be the case for some IIFYMers, I suppose. But I thought I’d give a quick visual representation of what my IIFYM life looks like.

Dinner last night (which was freaking delicious and satisfying):

5pcd2rc0ux7t.jpeg

Breakfast this morning (also delicious and satisfying):

t7azxip2bgq5.jpeg

All I’m saying - It isn’t all or nothing. Work the things you love to eat into your diet. I believe all “junk” isn’t healthy, but all “healthy” isn’t healthy, either. Mental health is important, too!

Replies

• quiksylver296
    Options
    My people!
  • Jruzer
    Jruzer Posts: 3,501 Member
    Options
    Bumpity-bump
  • SteroidalLolita
    SteroidalLolita Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    All I’m saying - It isn’t all or nothing. Work the things you love to eat into your diet. I believe all “junk” isn’t healthy, but all “healthy” isn’t healthy, either. Mental health is important, too!

Yes. This. I don't think I practice IIFYM on purpose? But I definitely won't kill myself to only eat healthy things. I still love candy and burgers and bread. Oh God, how I love bread. And I lose just as much all the same.
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    Bumping good threads because I'm bored
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    This should be stickied.
  • girlwithcurls2
    girlwithcurls2 Posts: 2,261 Member
    Options
    Where do you live, and who is this Freddy person who makes such deliciousness???
    (Both pics look yummy, actually. Love my greens!)
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    Where do you live, and who is this Freddy person who makes such deliciousness???
    (Both pics look yummy, actually. Love my greens!)

I believe Freddy's originated in Kansas, USA, but has spread out quite a bit since then. I'm in Idaho.
  • nooboots
    nooboots Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    I dont generally eat what is commonly called junk food (even before losing weight this time), as I like a bit of varied intake, but today I have eaten 'fast food' all day. Mcdonalds for breakfast, then for sort of tea timish as I had no lunch, then fish and chips. Various cups of tea. i think the only piece of vegetable today was 2 slices of gerkin in the cheese burger. I went over my goal by 1000 calories today but then I had a 1000 calorie deficit on top of my normal deficit from Monday to Thursday, so Im ok.