Help: Targeting Fat Loss

Hi guys! So I’ve been able to lose weight by watching what I eat and being more aware of calories & being on a calorie deficit. That’s been good however, I don’t care so much about losing weight anymore & I’m in need of workouts that help target fatty areas. Mine are: belly fat, arms & back.
Any advice or things like YouTube video recommendations would be greatly appreciated!

Replies

• WholeFoods4Lyfe
    WholeFoods4Lyfe Posts: 1,518 Member
    Try googling “recomp”, that sounds like what you are trying to do. You can’t target specific areas to lose fat but by eating at or close to maintenance you can build muscle and continue to burn body fat.
  • bjnl
    bjnl Posts: 1 Member
    NO way to target fat , you just have to lose more try a weight work out to build muscle. more muscles burn more fat.
  • dfulgoni
    dfulgoni Posts: 18 Member
    Yep, like has been said here already. Sounds like some form of resistance training would help things along. If it were me, I’d look to either some compound barbell lifts with low reps or look into some form of kettlebell swing based workout. I can point you to a few references if you’re interested. Just let me know.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,508 Member
    I might get flamed here... but it really is possible to target fat loss in specific areas.

The fat loss in those specific trouble areas is quite difficult to attain, but with highly focused timing of diet and training, it's possible.

Here's the title of the study supporting targeted fat loss:

Are blood flow and lipolysis in subcutaneous adipose tissue influenced by contractions in adjacent muscles in humans?

Bente Stallknecht, Flemming Dela, and Jørn Wulff Helge
    01 FEB 2007https://doi.org/10.1152/ajpendo.00215.2006

imho... just continue to dial in your diet and introduce strength training to your workouts.

With work and persistence, you'll have success. Best of Luck.