Tracking is my only way!!

Options
Hi there!! I used to use a different site, but figured I'd try this one for awhile... I was once @ 180# (5' tall) and thru hard work and dedication, I made it to my gw of 125lbs!! Stayed steady for about 2 yrs... quit smoking and started gaining it back!!!! (3 yrs ago) At that point I began tracking calories, upped my workouts and did 6hrs a week of cardio (1-2hrs of strength) and lost it all again - and some (making it to a very toned size 1-2 @ 110lbs!!! Looked amazing - felt amazing!! At being just under 5' tall that is an ideal weight for my frame!!

Held it for 2yrs without an issue, (keeping up everything) and one year ago I started slacking!!! Less workouts, bad food choices :( So January 1st I got back to the cardio 5 days a week!! I stopped GAINING -However my diet SUCKS! I have ice cream every single day!! (and not a "serving" more like 1/4 of a 1/2gallon) As well as sugar!! I think I am seriously a sugar addict.... It's bad!! Like compulsive binging... :(

So I know what i need to do is track again!! Tracking and cardio has proved itself to me more than once, so I KNOW IT WORKS!!

Hope to find this site of great use.

PS - I use a HRM for my calorie count!! Is there a way to manually enter (for example) "Turbo Fire - 60minutes - 410 calories" in the exercise tracker? I haven't figured out how to use it at all??

Replies

• leomom72
    leomom72 Posts: 1,797 Member
    Options
    i am 5 foot tall as well, and i started out @ 180..im aiming for 120-125..only about 15 lbs to go :) good luck here, it's amazing..as for adding your turbo fire, click on exercise at the top, then i t will bring up 4 tabs under it, click on my exercises, and there it will allow you to add your own..take care, best of luck
  • CarrieJaneSmith
    CarrieJaneSmith Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    SUGAR ADDICTION IS REAL--There are many sites dedicated to breaking sugar addiction. When I went off sugar, I got mood swings, headaches, depression, nausea. There is a lot of support out there though, from others who are dealing with sugar addiction. I slipped up last week and had some chocolate...and then two days later had to go through all of the withdrawal symptoms all over again. Good luck! Sugar addiction is hard to manage.
  • Lahdidahdah
    Options
    Yes, you can add your own exercise, time and calories burned. Pick one that is close to the exercise you did, rename and save it. It will ask you minutes and estimate calories, which you can then override. Good luck!