Be Honest: Amateur Masters Physique?

LegendaryOrange
LegendaryOrange Posts: 2,864 Member
Thank you.

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,501 Member
    edited June 2019
    Masters............maybe. But you still look a lack some size to be a upper line competitor. It's not just about being lean.

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=master's+physique+over+40&ru=/search?q=master%27s%20physique%20over%2040&view=detail&mid=BC7167C1B49B4D7AB733BC7167C1B49B4D7AB733&&mmscn=vwrc&FORM=VDRVRV

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • LegendaryOrange
    Thanks Ninerbuff. I don't disagree. I'd have to bulk and focus on mass in a way I haven't in the past.
  • Ironandwine69
    Ironandwine69 Posts: 2,432 Member
    You don't have enough mass yet.
  • watts6151
    watts6151 Posts: 887 Member
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    Masters............maybe. But you still look a lack some size to be a upper line competitor. It's not just about being lean.

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=master's+physique+over+40&ru=/search?q=master%27s%20physique%20over%2040&view=detail&mid=BC7167C1B49B4D7AB733BC7167C1B49B4D7AB733&&mmscn=vwrc&FORM=VDRVRV

Why would you compare him to Ifbb pro’s
    Who are running everything from AAS to growth, slin etc

Surly better to show natural competitors ?
  • ninerbuff
    edited June 2019
    watts6151 wrote: »

Why would you compare him to Ifbb pro’s
    Who are running everything from AAS to growth, slin etc

Surly better to show natural competitors ?
    Many "natural" competitors are just guys who stopped using gear and couldn't compete with the big boys. But to humor you: NPC drug tested show

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ggp3sge4RUk

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

• LegendaryOrange
    Honestly, my mind is thinking of a smallish competition, amateur level, as an entry point. Even then I'd expect to be the overmatched new guy, but I have to think there is always the overmatched new guy at any given amateur competition. Thank you all for your responses.
  • Keto_Vampire
    Keto_Vampire Posts: 1,670 Member
    Physique is a mixed bag....unlike classic, there are generally no weight cut points & emphasis is on hardness/conditioning & "show" muscles (abs, arms, chest - torso genetics/good pair of abs = must for success). Little-to no posing skills required, but angling and presentation still necessary (just not the same scrutiny on working out the best ways to pose for your body for mandatory shots). I think you'd do fine
  • ChasingSweatandTears
    ChasingSweatandTears Posts: 504 Member
    It doesn’t matter what anyone else thinks. You have amazing definition and have obviously worked hard for it. If you want to do it, go for it! Contact a physique coach and make a plan
  • ninerbuff
    Honestly, my mind is thinking of a smallish competition, amateur level, as an entry point. Even then I'd expect to be the overmatched new guy, but I have to think there is always the overmatched new guy at any given amateur competition. Thank you all for your responses.
    You gotta start somewhere. What's great about competing is you get to see yourself how much discipline it takes to just get to the show. Some diet and train for 16 weeks prep time to be on stage for a few minutes. And many times it disrupts your own personal life (due to how you have to eat and all the temptations around you). But if you want to do it....................do it.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png