I find it so hard to stay motivated after drinking...

Options
Don't know why my mindset is so wrong but last weekend for the bank holiday I ended up having a few drinks every day, nothing too bad tho no killer hangovers. And ever since I've been relaxed on my intermittent fasting, having been tracking foods properly and have done no running and barely any other exercise.

Not sure why I end up changing so badly, some weeks I've been getting up at half 6 to do ddp yoga and others I just can't motivate myself to do anything.

Been making excuses not to do anything, instead I've been painting the house which isn't too bad I guess, I could be lazing around the house instead!

Part of me wants to get back on it now but the other part just wants to chill!

Hmmmm!!! It's probably down to my goal too, I just want to lose some body fat I'm not desperate to achieve anything really, just to get better for my holidays but that's not til November!!

Anyone else feel the same after having some drinks

Replies

• ypena78
    ypena78 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Totally feel ya!! I told myself when I’m off on summer break I’m going to focus on myself. Well that went out the window and have been drinking a lot. As of yesterday I finally said NO!! I’m going to stay on track and I’m not going to be lazy..I started the Keto as of last week and feel good..
  • chrisredmayne
    chrisredmayne Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    ypena78 wrote: »
    Totally feel ya!! I told myself when I’m off on summer break I’m going to focus on myself. Well that went out the window and have been drinking a lot. As of yesterday I finally said NO!! I’m going to stay on track and I’m not going to be lazy..I started the Keto as of last week and feel good..

My partner has been doing keto the last few weeks, the food seems to be really full of flavour as you can use full fat stuff to replace the calories your not eating from carbs! Think it's just a mental challenge to look at meals where the carb isn't a big part of it! Good luck!!!
  • flippy1234
    flippy1234 Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    I think it all really depends what your goals are and how bad you want it. In my opinion, drinking derails pretty much everything. I still do it but am cutting way back and would love to stop except I really like wine. I do find that when I don't drink I make much healthier choices on a daily basis and have much more energy. Your body is telling you not to take the poison when it slows down and lacks motivation.
  • mstarks01
    mstarks01 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    It's ok to just not drink. Try it and see how it works for you.
  • whmscll
    whmscll Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    The first thing I do when trying to lose weight is to stop drinking completely, except for special occasions. Besides the calories in the alcohol, it dissolves my willpower and I end up eating everything.
  • leebirm
    leebirm Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    This has happened to me in a big way this weekend, Thursday and Friday I drank a bucket load of lager, ate absolute rubbish as well.

I've just weighed myself and the scales are saying that I gave gained 4lbs in 3 days, lol that isn't great.

It's Sunday morning and I am just about to head up to the gym, I really don't want to but I know I've got to do it just to keep the momentum going.
  • whmscll
    whmscll Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    Well, you didn’t gain 4 lbs in 3 days, it’s mathematically almost impossible. A bunch of that is going to be water weight. You may have gained some.
  • FreddieFreckles
    FreddieFreckles Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Alcohol is a depressant so it’s not surprising you have no real motivation after over indulging. It also dehydrates you causing fatigue/low energy and I don’t know about anyone else... but it gives me a serious case of the munchies for days after. So.... I don’t drink. Not while I’m trying to lose weight anyway.

With that in mind, maybe you should re-evaluate what you’re trying to achieve and re commit to it. And if you do drink... make it every now and then and not the whole of the bank holiday 🤣
  • FreddieFreckles
    FreddieFreckles Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    That sounded way more bossy than I meant it to 🤣
  • SugaSugaNooo
    SugaSugaNooo Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    whmscll wrote: »
    The first thing I do when trying to lose weight is to stop drinking completely, except for special occasions. Besides the calories in the alcohol, it dissolves my willpower and I end up eating everything.

Same here, bar maybe just one G&T (slimline topic). The only calories I drink are in alcohol and a lot of the time it's just not worth it. Guess I rather eat!