5'5???

Options
Anyone 5'5 and under with over 100 lbs to lose or have lost would love to hear your stories.

Replies

• 1991court
    1991court Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I am 5'5 and could easily lose 100lbs off my starting weight. I'm not sure I'll go after those 100lbs, that would put me at like 120. Which is a healthy BMI still, but not sure healthy for me.
    I am just trying to make wiser choices and play my final goal by ear and how I feel.
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,559 Member
    Options
    I started off at 222 after having a back surgery and being bedridden for a year while waiting for my next back surgery. After a few years I joined MFP and would lose and maintain. I'm working on the last amount now and started working out in January. This morning I hit 139.8, I was so surprised I weighed myself a few more times to make sure the number was real! I'm down 88 pounds now and would like to get to 120-125.

You can do this!
  • yellowprim
    yellowprim Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4 and have to go down about 100 lbs. (From where I started, not now.) I'm almost 35 lbs down so far, but not seeing many results. That's why weighing is so motivational to me. It shows me that I'm making progress, whether it's visually noticeable yet or not.
  • 1991court
    1991court Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    yellowprim wrote: »
    I'm 5'4 and have to go down about 100 lbs. (From where I started, not now.) I'm almost 35 lbs down so far, but not seeing many results. That's why weighing is so motivational to me. It shows me that I'm making progress, whether it's visually noticeable yet or not.

Do take measurements or do progress pictures? It can be really helpful. I always see it 1st in my face and neck, but you see your face everyday, the pictures could help.
  • MrsTitus2
    MrsTitus2 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I'm also 5 5 . I was 220 pounds after having my son 7 years ago. Now I'm 175. Yes very slow progress but im motivated to lose this last 20 pounds. 145 pounds is my goal weight.