Thoughts, opinions, reviews on 30 Day Shred?

Options
Hi All, Since this seems to be a popular work out I decided to give 30DS on try. Level One is a free download via my On Demand cable so I figured what the heck. So far I've completed 2 days in a row, it's challenging for sure, but I made it through! I'm pretty sore today but It's my understanding that you do level one 10 days in a row with out a break. Then continue to level two and so on........

So I'm willing to hang in there and do the 10 days row........but I'm wondering if it's really good for your body to do the exact same work out everyday with out any breaks or a day of rest in between?

Just looking for feedback and opinions, pros and cons?

Replies

• allenlisa
    Options
    I'm no professional and I've done the 30DS. I'm now doing P90X. I don't think it's bad for you to do the same routine but I think changing it up helps you loose faster. And 30DS does change the routines so your not on the same one for too long, and they do get harder! I like Jillian and have been using her workout videos for sometime. Have you tried the boost your metabolism. Thats a good one too, but I like to add weights to my routines at least 3x a week. So my favorite thing to do is get a couple of different workouts and do them. It's not exactly staying on the program but it helps change things up for me so I can get cardio & weights in and I've noticed I drop weight & inches faster this way.
  • GooneyAngel
    Options
    I work out at the gym at least 5 days a week. When I am at work (I work 24-48 hour shifts) I do the 30DS. I would say that it is ok to do the same routine that is done in 30 DS. You are getting a full body workout with cardio. I went to the second workout when I felt that the first was no longer a challenge. So, I am now on workout #2 and really feel the difference. Please understand that this is only my opinion and not professional advice.Good Luck to you!
  • QueenofCups
    QueenofCups Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    I am doing 30DS right now, I am on day 5 (well, today is day 5). I was super sore at day 2 but today I am not sore at all. I do think the idea is to do the whole program 30 days straight, and since the workout does get changed up at level 2 and then 3 its not exactly the same work out thankfully.
    As far as needing a rest day, depends on your level of fitness and severity of soreness/injury. If it hurts enough you feel you have pulled something, by all means - rest. If you feel that you NEED a rest day, it's ok. But if you keep going and feel you can I think its ok.
    The work out isn't long, and I think that's why JM did it that way. To do something every day for a few minutes instead of hours and hours for a few days a week (which can lead to injuries, which is why you aren't supposed to work out intensely for an hour a day). Also, the work out is designed to train you body in a short amount of time. So, for what it's worth, my plan is to do the 30DS every day for 30 days, then take a few days off, then either do 30DS again, or do it some and add in my elliptical trainer.

Good luck! I hope we both love the results after this is over. :)
  • miss_shinobi
    miss_shinobi Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Jillian Michaels recommends that you do the dvd 5 days a week and take 2 rest days - which days you workout and which days you rest are up to you and when you can fit them in!