June diary 1 month 6 lbs.

Options
Cw 133
Gw 120

I have done this before and diaries really help me stay centered. Looks like 1400 calories is the goal and running a milk a day to begin with. I can't believe how out of shape I have become. I ran at 5 mph and did a 11 minute mile at 2 percent incline and it makes me just drop. I used to run 3 miles at 9 minutes a mile at once and do fine. But running at all is better than nothing. I want to work up to 2 miles at a time.

Replies

• Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,571 Member
    Options
    I think working up to your goal is a smart idea. Overdoing it can lead to injury and you definitely don't want that! Maybe start with a lower incline or less time. Good luck achieving your goal!
  • nbrady001
    nbrady001 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Day 2 complete. Same weight and ran 2 miles with a 15 minute break in between. I may even gain weight if I keep pushing my muscles like this but for me this is more about getting in shape than losing weight. Feels good to run again. I ate all of my running calories back yesterday so I am doing good. The good thing about running 2 miles a day is I have enough calories to have a small treat. The more I work out the more I can eat yay!
  • nbrady001
    Options
    Day 3 done. Now 132.0 lbs. I know it's just water still but at least I am losing. Just ate small portions and walked a lot. Will do the same today. I just woke up tired today and feel like I could sleep all day. Not how I wanted to spend a Sunday but my head is just not waking up. I must have stayed up too late and used up too much energy yesterday.
  • luvsunshine1
    luvsunshine1 Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    I may steal your diary idea. I like this and have just started back. It looks like you are doing great so far!
  • rondajones2003
    rondajones2003 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I think this will really help me to and you will get back there just keep on working towards your goal.
  • nbrady001
    Options
    Day 5 done. Back to 133 but not really caring because I have ran 3 more miles doing interval training which allows me to not be so rigid in my goals and keeps me on the treadmill which is the most important part. Eating is good. Tracking was bad today but I oddly don't feel bad about it because of how much I run and push myself. As long as my endurance is getting better I am more relaxed with calories. This whole journey is about getting in shape, not just a number on the scale. I want important things like bone density and a strong heart but size 4 jeans feel nice too.
  • nbrady001
    Options
    Day 6. Doing good.just dinner and running then to bed. 1400 calories today.
  • nbrady001
    Options
    Day 8.
    Gw 120
    Cw 135.2

I am not sure what's happening but I woke up and gained 3 lbs. I ran 1.5 miles last night and just put on weight. Maybe it's because of muscle or water weight? Strange that my first week being healthy and I gain 3 lbs.
  • nbrady001
    Options
    Day 9. Did well, ate 1600 calories and walked a few miles.
  • nbrady001
    Options
    Day 14. Doing good. Have been running 1.5 miles every other day or two still at 2% incline at varying speeds from 4.5 to 5.8. My legs are sore. My stomach is getting flatter and my back doesn't hurt anymore like it used to. ( I have a very physical job). I have done 1200 calories for 2 days now and yes I go to bed hungry because I need a big breakfast and will NOT give up my coffee with honey and milk but that is ok with me. I don't want to weigh myself yet because I feel like weight isn't my main goal. It's to learn portion control, to eat better, and become more fit. I have considered joining a fitness club next month to help with weight training but I am still not sure. I only want to run max. 9 miles a week and need different excersises to help get stronger.
  • nbrady001
    Options
    Well no wonder I wasn't losing any weight. I got pregnant. Sorry people but it looks like I will have to wait on those lbs and focus on fitness. See you next year and good luck.