Chocolate addiction

Options
Hi I have been buying chocolate everyday and I can’t seem to stop myself eating it. Does anyone know what I can do to stop myself eating chocolate? I have lost 51kgs and I’m trying to maintain my weight. I’m worried that me eating one chocolate bar to sometimes a block of chocolate in one day is going to ruin my weight loss success and I’ll gain weight. Please help

Replies

• Cheriekatherine26
    Cheriekatherine26 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I’m going to give that a go! Thanks
  • srbeaty
    srbeaty Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi I have been buying chocolate everyday and I can’t seem to stop myself eating it. Does anyone know what I can do to stop myself eating chocolate? I have lost 51kgs and I’m trying to maintain my weight. I’m worried that me eating one chocolate bar to sometimes a block of chocolate in one day is going to ruin my weight loss success and I’ll gain weight. Please help

I am a chocolate lover myself!!! I find a way to have some form of it every single day!! As long as you count it in you daily calories or macros, you can include it without any guilt. I have been tracking my macros and practicing a "Flexible Diet" for about a year and half. I have found so much freedom with that, and when you allow yourself to have some of the foods/treats you love while staying within your intake range, you will find the obsession and hard cravings may be less or even non-existent. Also...if I am cutting and can't really make room for my favorite dark chocolate, I have found that NuNatural Dutch Processed cocoa, mixed with a little PB Fit...put enough water to make it spreadable and put it on a rice cake and top with a favorite fruit like strawberries!!! Soooooo yum!!! If you need it a little sweeter add a drop of stevia or Walden Farms Fat free pancake syrup...but just a couple drops...doesn't take much!!! Hang in there...You've got this!! Chocolate is the bomb...and you don't need to break up with it!!! :wink:
  • wilson10102018
    wilson10102018 Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    I really like chocolate. So, I eat it. But, it is calorie dense so it needs to fit in to the daily goal. When I end the day with lots of calories left, its an oz of dark chocolate chunk. Not those odious Lindoor or Godivas which always are unsatisfying to me.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,898 Member
    Options
    I've found that milk chocolate does not scratch my chocolate itch at all, so I am also voting for dark chocolate, as dark as you can stand it. Eat it as slowly as possible - don't chew - take tiny bites and let them dissolve in your mouth.

Chocolate chips work very well for this, but I haven't seen them darker than 60% in regular stores. I do like Ghirardelli 60% chips. I weigh out @ 50 calories worth of chocolate chips, put the bag away, and it takes me so long to eat them that my itch is well satisfied by the time I am done.

Also - are you exercising? I am less prone to seek "happy hormones" from food if I am getting it from exercise.
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,885 Member
    Options
    Exercise is key for me.

I'm also a huge fan of Chocolove 88%.
  • ashleygroizard
    ashleygroizard Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    I've found that milk chocolate does not scratch my chocolate itch at all, so I am also voting for dark chocolate, as dark as you can stand it. Eat it as slowly as possible - don't chew - take tiny bites and let them dissolve in your mouth.

Chocolate chips work very well for this, but I haven't seen them darker than 60% in regular stores. I do like Ghirardelli 60% chips. I weigh out @ 50 calories worth of chocolate chips, put the bag away, and it takes me so long to eat them that my itch is well satisfied by the time I am done.

Also - are you exercising? I am less prone to seek "happy hormones" from food if I am getting it from exercise.

I do 3-7 times a week a 90 minute brisk walk and walk everywhere and ride my push bike sometimes and I use the ab swing a few times a week