Are my fitness pal calorie intake correct

Options
Title is pretty much self explanatory, do you think its accurate and has anyone followed it down to a T and effectively lost weight? :) im 159cm and at 56kgs would like to lose 3 to 4 kgs and MFP suggests eating 1200 but ive jeard conflicting arguments with others that this is way too low for someone who goes to the gym 4 x a week..help please lol.

Replies

• kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    With so little to lose, you should've only set yourself to lose 0.5 lbs per week, so if you set it higher than that your cals probably will be too low.

Also make sure your activity level is accurate. If you aren't sitting most of the day, you're not sedentary.

And mfp expects you to log your exercise and eat back those calories. So even if you're goal does stay at 1200 you'll be eating more than that once you log your exercise.

I found MFP synced with my Fitbit was accurate. But all any formula from anywhere can do is give you a starting point. Some people do have to tweak their intake after a few weeks based on their results.

You are already a pretty low weight. You might want to focus more on fitness, especially strength training, which can really change your shape. But whether you lose weight or focus on recomp, any changes will be slow at tough to track on the scale because you're already a healthy weight, so you'll need to be patient :drinker:
  • alexandravictoria88
    alexandravictoria88 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Ohhh that's a good idea, i never thought pf syncing my fitbit to MFB, i will do that. Thank you so much for your thorough answer <3
  • darshemail
    darshemail Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    We have similar stats and goals. I also have 1200 cal goal. Some days I burn 400 cal doing cardio and eat back 200 Cals so I get it eat 1400 that day.
  • jan110144
    jan110144 Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    Personally, I think you take the MFP numbers as a starting point and adjust accordingly. I think the numbers, in ge real, are pretty good. Ut there is no way the info you provide MFP is complete enough, or individual enough, to be 100% accurate. I use a combo of what MFP says, how I feel, how easy/difficult it is to stay on plan. My energy level, and the numbers on the scale to inform my process. So far this has worked ... 50 pounds down in 6 months and maintenance for 4.