Hazelnut coffee creamer has got me depressed 😭

Options
So I recently purchased a super nifty scale that has allowed me to measure things a lot more accurately. So this morning I put my coffee cup on there, zeroed it it and added my cream. OMG I’ve been sabotaging my progress with 200 calories of creamer 😭😭😭

I tried premier protein vanilla in there this morning and it was awful. Not sweet at all (yeah no duh, I know). Is there anything I can try ? I’ve tried that califia stuff and didn’t like it, tried another almond creamer still a no go....what can I say, I’m a creamer snob.

I’m open to suggestions, though I realize if I can’t find a good substitute I will just have to plan my calories around my weakness 🤣

Replies

• apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Some people like sugar free flavored syrups, like Skinny Syrup or Toriani sugar free version. I think that people have found some of these at places like Marshall's, but other folks could recommend flavors and places to get them.

Walden Farms has a no calorie coffee creamer, but their products are VERY hit or miss, and I personally have not enjoyed any that I've tried. Someone else would need to weigh in with a review of that particular one.

I think I would personally try a lower calorie creamer plus sugar free syrup. However, if there are no alternatives that taste good to you, then I'd agree that budgeting calories for what you want is more pleasant and reasonable.
  • wendsg
    wendsg Posts: 663 Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Bah, I got off the creamer thing (thanks, Navy and deployments) and now just use hot chocolate mix. We lovingly call them Boat Mochas when underway. :p 10 grams of hot chocolate powder to a Tervis full of coffee (typically around 520ml - and I use Folgers flavored stuff), and it's a tasty treat. :)

Edit: That entire 520ml of flavored coffee boat mocha usually comes in at about 65(ish) calories.
  • brenn24179
    brenn24179 Posts: 2,144 Member
    Options
    almond milk, 30 calories a cup
  • Ilysandrew11
    Ilysandrew11 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I have been trying to find a good creamer as well that’s low on sugar. I sabotage my coffee too and I put roughly 175 cal worth in 😭😭. But I do work it in my calories for the day right now.
  • Spadesheart
    Spadesheart Posts: 463 Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Man, at that point just use milk. A cup of 2% milk is like 130 calories with 9 grams of protein. Just make your coffee in the milk, or if you have an espresso machine, make a latte. Super rich coffee beverage, better nutrition, lower calories. Add a sweetener of your choice, for me that's sucralose. Honestly even if you used sugar you'd still probably be lower than 190.
  • GuyanaGold21
    GuyanaGold21 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I tried a few different combinations of milk, low-cal syrup etc. Gave up and went back to my CM sugar-free french vanilla powdered creamer plus plenty of Splenda. It is 120 calories of sweet and creamy goodness that prompts me to get up early for work! :)
  • nooboots
    nooboots Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Cream and 2 teaspoons of sugar? Or even just milk and sugar. I have 4 sugars a day in my one coffee a day
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Personally I'd find a way to cut that creamer out or reduce it, I prefer to eat any extra calories I have rather than drink them :smiley:
    Either plan for those 200 or try and wean yourself off it or find an alternative low cal.
  • korina75
    korina75 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Try fat free half and half and then add in some spices like cinnamon/nutmeg. Also, weaning helps. I used to drink my coffee with cream and sugar (lots of both) and then over time just widdled it down so now I drink it with 2 tbsp fat free half n half and that 's it. But it took quite awhile because I didn't want to feel deprived. And now I actually like it better with no sugar.
  • WholeFoods4Lyfe
    WholeFoods4Lyfe Posts: 1,518 Member
    Options
    What kind of creamer are you using? I use heavy cream in my coffee, and while it may seem like a calorie bomb, it really isn't. For my 20oz cup of coffee, I use 2T of cream. It's only about 90 calories and makes my coffee super creamy. If I need flavor, I'll use 1-2 pumps of a sugar free syrup from Skinny Syrups or Torani.
  • SkinnyGirlCarrie
    SkinnyGirlCarrie Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    I like to use unsweetened vanilla almond milk, but I don't usually put sugar in my coffee. I do like the Swerve sweetener, you could add that for zero calories and I find it doesn't have the awful artificial taste.
  • skelterhelter
    skelterhelter Posts: 803 Member
    Options
    I usually do unsweetened vanilla cashew milk. You can have a cup for 25 calories, and I don't even use that much. Makes my coffee super creamy. Also, the brand Nut Pods has super low calorie, dairy free creamers. And I believe they have a hazelnut :)
  • brittanystebbins95
    brittanystebbins95 Posts: 567 Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    I'm a creamer snob, too. Its awful. I hate black coffee but I absolutely love it and even crave it with cream and sugar of some sort.
    What I found that I REALLY like, even better than normal creamer to be honest, is a half cup of vanilla almond milk (right around 15 calories depending on brand, if you use unsweetened) and then 2 tsp of packed brown sugar (35 ish calories.)
    You could use less almond milk, too, if you wanted. 1/2 cup is a lot for some people but when I say I hate black coffee, I mean it. Lol.

The little bit of molasses that's in brown sugar is what does it for me, I think, paired with the nutty flavor from the almond milk. Yum!
  • floofyschmoofer
    floofyschmoofer Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Like JennBona - I use a tablespoon of the International Delight and <gasp> fake sugar making my coffee just 35 calories.

This, here. I usually will use a splash of the hazelnut and a couple spoonfuls of Stevia. If you're open to other flavors, a sugar-free vanilla syrup + stevia + a dash of cinnamon, blended well and added to coffee is really yum.