Looking for new friends

Options
JennBona
JennBona Posts: 255 Member
Hey, looking for new friends especially mom friends that know how hard it is to squeeze in time for yourself :)

I lost over 100 pounds 5 years ago with the help of myfitnesspal...2 kids later Im back with about 30 pounds to shed and lots of strength to gain lol

Starting logging again 3 weeks ago and squeezing in workouts when I can ...usually weight lifting in the morning and walking during the day on my lunch break or with the kids. Down almost 5 pounds so still have lots of work.

Replies

• MarvinsFitLife
    MarvinsFitLife Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    All the best
  • jlbtnc
    jlbtnc Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    You can add me, I am 52 have older kids, but I do have young grandkids. I walk most of the days because it is just easier to fit in. Once school lets out for the grandkids I told them we will be doing a lot of walking. Of course my 9 year old grand daughter doesn't care (she enjoys being active), now my 7 year old grand son is another story, he is very lazy and does not want to move at all. When we walk now it is like pulling teeth with him.
  • AimeeLGosse
    AimeeLGosse Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm a stay at home mom of six, two little ones still at home (ages 4&9). I have lost over fifty pounds and have over 40 more to go. Would love to be added as a friend!
    I'm a diabetic, I do not take medication so I have to exercise to keep my sugar levels down. I eat very low carb, no sugar whatsoever and lots of healthy fresh vegetables!
  • katrinkakong
    katrinkakong Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I am new to MFP. I am a working mother of 4, in the middle of my Master's program, and did I mention my husband and I own a hobby farm for fun?

Feel free to add me! :)
  • onechoiceatatime2015
    onechoiceatatime2015 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Add me y'all ;)
  • Jackie051967
    Jackie051967 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    You can add me too.
    I have a gown kid.
    I walk just about every day.
  • JennBona
    Options
    Sent you all friend requests :)
  • size0forever
    size0forever Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Mom of 2 here!!! Got fat because I had no time for myself and food made me happy. :s
  • samgill133
    samgill133 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi, back on My Fitness Pal after falling off the wagon due to injury. Trying to get back into working out. Have older kids and a new grandson. Would love some more support.
  • CatchMom11
    CatchMom11 Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    While I am a mother to 4, only 1 is not an adult. However, she plays travel softball so that schedule is like having 4 toddlers. lol.

I had lost about 102 lbs from 2017-2018, but after going back to school I've put on about 10-15 lbs of that. So with the summer off from school, I'm getting refocused! Feel free to add me - any of you!
  • CatchMom11
    CatchMom11 Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    samgill133 wrote: »
    Hi, back on My Fitness Pal after falling off the wagon due to injury. Trying to get back into working out. Have older kids and a new grandson. Would love some more support.

I feel you! I love to run, but after having bronchitis for a few months, I developed asthma (allergic). So of course, the best time to run is now my least favorite because it feels like there's paste in my throat and lungs without medication.

My stepson & DIL blessed us with a grandbaby last year!
  • sefikaevlat88
    sefikaevlat88 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hello, im a mum of two, both small 10months and 2.5year old. Iv had WLS.
  • ashxtasticness
    ashxtasticness Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I'm a fulltime working, single mother of a 4 year old. I definitely understand how hard it is to find "me time" and how much harder it is to use that incredibly rare time to workout instead of take a bubble bath or go to sleep. It is stressful trying to balance work, being a mother, any sort of relationship (romantic or non), meal prep/plan, exercise, stay hydrated, and most importanly STAY SANE! Just do what you can when you can. I've tried to include exercise in some of the activities that I do with my daughter so that it doesn't take as much time away from her. We will go to the park and go on nature walks, have "dance parties" in the living room (I'll do zumba and she dances around free styling while the music plays or we just turn on a playlist and go crazy), sometimes I'll use her as a 40 pound weight and fly her around the room, carry her on back while I walk or do the airplane thing with her on my feet and focus on my abs... it's a lot of mesing around to find what works for you and sometimes nothing does but knowing that you are trying and doing more than you previously were is rewarding enough.

Best of luck to you
  • JennBona
    Options
    Sent you guys requests !!
  • Rebeccacook68
    Rebeccacook68 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    You can add me I’m 51 this year I have older children but also 3 grandkids ❤️
  • Brit23_1
    Brit23_1 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Would love to add any of you ! I'm 26 with 2 daughters and 3 stepsons. Between work, the kids and planning my wedding seems I never have time. Would love some friends that understand how hard it is.
  • linclass123
    linclass123 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Any vegans out there ?
    Would love to swap ideas and recipes 🏄🏻‍♀️
  • mbabin04
    mbabin04 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    will you be my friend
  • SisterMaryIncontinentia
    SisterMaryIncontinentia Posts: 4 Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Hi bud I am not new to MFP but am new to the whole Idea of a community . So I too am looking for mates in here! Bikers and dog crazy people are just my type lol but I’m a saddo so any support is welcome 🤨🏍
  • wrensong27
    wrensong27 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I lost 40lbs a few years ago, gained it all back and n extra 40lbs as well. Now I have diabetes and losing weight is a must. Being a busy mom makes it hard to take time for yourself and eat right. But we got this.