Looking for Stretching/Active Rest Options?

Options
Hello,

My workouts are usually very intense, not to mention my body at this age (38 in a couple of months) doesn't like it when I work out everyday. I feel I perform much better when I leave a day in-between. Having said that, I would really like some sort of program to follow for stretching.

There are tons of Yoga programs and pilates but I hardly ever found one for stretching. I liked Pilatesology a lot and wondered if there's something similar to it for stretching. I also use the Yoga studio app. It would be really nice to find something similar like an app or a website with categorized videos and a system to follow geared towards stretching and keeping the body flexible.

If not, would using Pilates or Yoga for rest days in your opinion is enough? It can be a form of stretching and active resting, no?

Would love to hear suggestions, advice, opinions...

Thanks.

Replies

• Spadesheart
    Spadesheart Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    I asked for this a few weeks ago. It's odd that there aren't many well written programs for stretching progressively. I hope you find something, frankly I'm looking too. There's a learn how to do the splits app on android. and a few others that seem promising, but none I can make a concrete suggestion on yet.
  • Pinkturnip
    Pinkturnip Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the feedback. I feel the community here is dead for some reason :(
  • gonnasnap
    gonnasnap Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    You might wanna check out Joe Defranco’s Limber 11routine. It’s about 20 min of stretching/mobility moves. He’s crazy knowledgeable
  • TrishSeren
    TrishSeren Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    Nike Training Club app is free and has stretch and yoga routines.
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options
    Yoga by Adrienne is a massive YT collection, all different sessions for all different things. I particularly like her yoga "for skaters" as it targets hips, which is something I need.

Also, swimming.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,870 Member
    Options
    The yoga classes I've taken have been essentially stretching classes. Check out the classes in your area.
  • blackandtandan
    blackandtandan Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Check groupon for yoga classes in your area.I take yoga every week at a studio and it's worked wonders for myself.I was able to get 15 classes for around $60 and when they end I plan on continuing with the studio.
  • dewd2
    dewd2 Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    Other than yoga the best place for stretching is in the martial arts (and one of the few sports where it is necessary). I have at least one book dedicated to stretching and several others that include stretching routines. But since I no longer practice I haven't used them in years.

Good luck.
  • Pinkturnip
    Pinkturnip Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Thank you guys... very useful suggestions.