Options
2»

Replies

• TerriG
    Options
    :grumble: If you don't want the cookies...don't buy them! :grumble:
    1. They're made with white flour and high fructose syrup = bad for you
    2. The girls only get about 35-40 cents from the sale of each box
    3. Give the troop the $3.50 as a donation instead.
    4. It's not against the law to say "No thanks!"

And FTR: I was a Girl Scout leader for 10+ years, and never bought the cookies.
  • kristie874
    kristie874 Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    OMG! You guys are making me wish the cookies I bought from the cute little girl who comes into my office all the time were here! Bah! I knew I shouldn't order them when she came in and should have just contributed money to her, but the nostalgic taste of them...mmm... They're sooo bad but occasionally a splurge is okay. Problem is, I bought my three favorites (Samoas, Tagalongs, and the other oatmeal peanut butter ones), I live alone, and I am going to have to have so much willpower just to eat a couple every now and then! Ugh! I think I might take a few of each, freeze them, then pawn the rest off on neighbors, co-workers, and friends.
  • lovemuffins
    Options
    :grumble: If you don't want the cookies...don't buy them! :grumble:
    1. They're made with white flour and high fructose syrup = bad for you
    2. The girls only get about 35-40 cents from the sale of each box
    3. Give the troop the $3.50 as a donation instead.
    4. It's not against the law to say "No thanks!"

And FTR: I was a Girl Scout leader for 10+ years, and never bought the cookies.

:grumble: I tend to disagree with #3... My husband will be in Iraq (on his 3rd tour) for 298 more days. My niece is a brownie and she sold an additional 30+ boxes to send to him. He is very excited to receive them, I am sure he would love to have that extra $105.00 to get the SAME items he ALWAYS buys for himself over there. These cookies give the soldiers that are over there fighting for our freedom to have a little taste of home... something that they are familiar with. I could go on and on... but I won't.

I went to the Post Office today to ship him a care package and they said that it is only taking about a week to reach the soldiers. For the MFP's that have asked about an address. I have one for my husband and his unit if you would like. It is only in the low 70's so I don't think the chocolates will melt too much. Thank you to everyone that has been asking. Your support is AWESOME! :bigsmile:
  • garimac
    garimac Posts: 174
    Options
    The girl scouts that came to my house let me donate them, the troup is sending them. They had about half the ones on their list going to the solders.
  • turkeygirl
    Options
    I know I would have done the same with the cookies, so I would not buy
    any from our troop at church. If I bring it home it is so hard for me to resist.
  • flachix
    flachix Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    :smile: went to the Post Office today to ship him a care package and they said that it is only taking about a week to reach the soldiers. For the MFP's that have asked about an address. I have one for my husband and his unit if you would like. It is only in the low 70's so I don't think the chocolates will melt too much. Thank you to everyone that has been asking. Your support is AWESOME! :smile:

YES, please post the address of your DH and any others that might want a card, letter or small contribution, what a wonderful idea, I am ashamed to say that it never occurred to me. :cry: how selfish I was all proud of myself for walking past the cookies. However, I wish there was a way I could buy them and drop them off immediately for shipping!! :frown:
    Did dome one say SUGAR FREE??? I asked the guy at work selling them for his kid and he said no. I don't buy regular cookies for that reason, but would have loved a treat of the S/F Chips. maybe its not too late. :love:

BTW please pass along a huge THANK YOU to your husband for his service to his country I appreciate his sacrifice on my behalf.
    a couple of boxes of cookies is the least I could do.
    RJ