Squat: 10lbs+lbs
DL: 10lbs+
Incline DB bench: 5lbs+

I do other lifts but curious ab these.

Replies

• firef1y72
    firef1y72 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    Very slowly atm, but I'm just easing back in with lower body after a break while in the intense stages of marathon training. (Plus I'm female and have been lifting for couple years)

Just building squats and deads back up so went from
    Squat 30kg up to 40kg
    Deadlift 60kg up to 80kg (neither anywhere near my previous 1rpm)

Bench I haven't gone up at all but I took my 1rpm up from 45-56kg over a couple of months.
    Shoulder press I've gone up about 2kg in the last couple months.

But I've just restarted 5/3/1 which means that all lifts have gone down quite a bit
  • alexmose
    alexmose Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    firef1y72 wrote: »
    Very slowly atm, but I'm just easing back in with lower body after a break while in the intense stages of marathon training. (Plus I'm female and have been lifting for couple years)

Just building squats and deads back up so went from
    Squat 30kg up to 40kg
    Deadlift 60kg up to 80kg (neither anywhere near my previous 1rpm)

Bench I haven't gone up at all but I took my 1rpm up from 45-56kg over a couple of months.
    Shoulder press I've gone up about 2kg in the last couple months.

But I've just restarted 5/3/1 which means that all lifts have gone down quite a bit

Seems fast to me!!!! Good job!!!
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    Right now I'm progressively deloading :D but normally my progress is very slow,
    I don't really bench, and squats are more high rep and I don't progress much. Deadlift and other lifts maybe 2.5-5lb per month, sometimes no weight increases but rep or overall weekly volume increases.
  • a_random_hero
    a_random_hero Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    3 month gains.
    Bench- +120lbs
    Squat+ 100lbs
    DL+ 100lbs
    Barbell row+90lbs
  • Phirrgus
    Phirrgus Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options
    sardelsa wrote: »
    I don't really bench, and squats are more high rep and I don't progress much. Deadlift and other lifts maybe 2.5-5lb per month, sometimes no weight increases but rep or overall weekly volume increases.

This is it basically for me as well. I'm much more interested in safely maintaining what I have vs causing further injury to myself. Still get a solid workout though.
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    Phirrgus wrote: »

This is it basically for me as well. I'm much more interested in safely maintaining what I have vs causing further injury to myself. Still get a solid workout though.

Strength increases actually lower injury risk amount other benefits.
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    Being I'm a powerlifter that has average sensitivity to training at a more advanced age, I don't progress as fast as past years. I have to build up more and more useful stress to accomplish this.

That being said, I should add 15lbs to my squat, 25lbs to bench, and 30lbs to deaflift when I mock meet in a few weeks compared to my last sanctioned meet(March)when looking how I'm leading into the mock.

I'm really not looking to hit more than 100% of my estimates. More getting an idea of what chance I'll have to win Raw Nationals in October.
  • Phirrgus
    Options
    Chieflrg wrote: »
    Phirrgus wrote: »

Strength increases actually lower injury risk amount other benefits.

Thanks @Chieflrg , it's actually existing issues, not fear of new ones. I know you're right, I just have to take it slower than I used to so I don't aggravate what's already there. I can't afford the time off of work it would cause lol. I have been able to find some decent workarounds that help me progress here and there though.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Being I'm a powerlifter that has average sensitivity to training at a more advanced age, I don't progress as fast as past years. I have to build up more and more useful stress to accomplish this.

That being said, I should add 15lbs to my squat, 25lbs to bench, and 30lbs to deaflift when I mock meet in a few weeks compared to my last sanctioned meet(March)when looking how I'm leading into the mock.

I'm really not looking to hit more than 100% of my estimates. More getting an idea of what chance I'll have to win Raw Nationals in October.

You're the man, @chieflrg. I'm just excited to be competing.

Bought my flight tix, BTW. And I lift on Saturday, so we're catching the Bears Sunday!

To answer the OP, not effing fast enough.

From the USAPL website, my competition stats:
    gdn6u6attaw1.jpg
  • Phirrgus
    Options

You're the man, @chieflrg. I'm just excited to be competing.

Bought my flight tix, BTW. And I lift on Saturday, so we're catching the Bears Sunday!

To answer the OP, not effing fast enough.

@quiksylver296 you should have just posted pics of the medals. Lifts are progressing that fast. :p:)
  • Keto_Vampire
    Keto_Vampire Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    Overtime, looks pretty bleak on paper, charted out...something like this:
    ttnv6wnttjjo.png
    Not a powerlifter, weightlifter, or olympic lifter (not a specific goal of mine/focus of efforts/not priority)