Very much alone and looking for support

Options
Hi...I am 59 years old. An only child, my parents are both deceased. I moved to a foreign country 21 years ago to marry my husband and have made almost no new friends since neither of us is very social - are mostly "homebodies" who enjoy working our hobby farm. I have 3 adult children but 2 live away from home and rarely communicate, and my college girl who lives at home is rarely here as she is quite the social butterfly. lol. We live out in the country, so I am rather isolated as far as neighbors go. I am seeking support via MFP pals who are lonely, too, and would like to be friends as well as diet buddies. Thank you. :)

Replies

• TulieRose21
    TulieRose21 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I’d love to be your friend!
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Options
    I am 62 I live in the UK if you want to join my merry band of MFP pals you will be welcome. I will send you a friend request.
  • grubb1019
    grubb1019 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    I'm 47 and live in Ohio. I started MFP in 2012, eventually got down to 170 (goal was 150). I started working full time as a teacher in 2014, cafeteria food and some health issues that caused me to stop running caused my weight to start creeping up. In 2017 one of my students drowned and I went into a depression that lasted a year and led me to my highest weight of all time, 230. My dad had some serious health issues this past year and that woke me up. So far I've lost 24 lbs. I also have three kids, aged 20, soon to be 16, and 14. We are homebodies too! I would be happy to be your friend.
  • aroze0928
    aroze0928 Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I sent you a friend request 😁
  • andrea76figueroa
    andrea76figueroa Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I would love to help support you and vice versa
  • ranchmomboss
    ranchmomboss Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Homebody farmer here as well! Let’s be friends!
  • thynmint95
    thynmint95 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Here for you! Sending positivity and support ❤️
  • mizzelegant97
    mizzelegant97 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I've added you! Anyone can feel free to add me!
  • doxielvr13
    doxielvr13 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    You can add me. I am 59 also and live in Montana.
  • Emmalovestorun
    Emmalovestorun Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Anyone feel free to add me
  • Kbtm6419
    Kbtm6419 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    You can add me! I’m a 30 year old wife and mother of 4 ages 8 months 3 years 8 years and 10 years. I feel like I’m doing this alone and the kids and husband eat anything they want! I feel so alone!
  • ValeriePlz
    ValeriePlz Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    You're never alone on MFP! Feel free to add me.
  • adotbaby
    adotbaby Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I'd be pleased to add you as a friend. I'm so happy to have found my MFPeeps!
  • babygurl48
    babygurl48 Posts: 1,236 Member
    Options
    How does one add friends on here? The app changed since 2012. Lol
  • jackie_van_d
    jackie_van_d Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Sent a few requests, and feel free to add me

Here’s my deal, I’m not the most chatty/messaging person on here, but I’ll cheer your posts!
    As long as you are active and log on a regular basis, I’ll be here to cheer you on!
  • 150poundsofme
    150poundsofme Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    Hugs and was wondering if you have a library nearby - sometimes there are programs to just sit and watch which can be enjoying and sometimes there are book clubs or craft clubs, just something to ponder. Hugs
  • Emmalovestorun
    Emmalovestorun Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    babygurl48 wrote: »
    How does one add friends on here? The app changed since 2012. Lol

Added you
  • FreddieFreckles
    FreddieFreckles Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi...I am 59 years old. An only child, my parents are both deceased. I moved to a foreign country 21 years ago to marry my husband and have made almost no new friends since neither of us is very social - are mostly "homebodies" who enjoy working our hobby farm. I have 3 adult children but 2 live away from home and rarely communicate, and my college girl who lives at home is rarely here as she is quite the social butterfly. lol. We live out in the country, so I am rather isolated as far as neighbors go. I am seeking support via MFP pals who are lonely, too, and would like to be friends as well as diet buddies. Thank you. :)

I’d love to ditch my neighbours and live in the country 🤣

Adding you now 😄