How to create a serving size within a recipe

Options
cpie00
cpie00 Posts: 1 Member
edited June 2019 in Recipes
IGNORE! I'VE WORKED IT OUT! but i dont' know how to delete my post....sorrry Hi folks, I have made a lentil and ham soup but when I enter it into my food diary, I don't know how to put it into serving sizes after keying in all the ingredients, eg the recipe is 6 servings but I can't seem to separate them from the calories of the whole thing. OR if I try to create a recipe without putting in ingredients, eg I just type in L&H Soup, I can't find how to add in the calories. (I hope that makes sense). Sorry if this has been answered before but I can't figure it out, and I've really tried! Thanks in advance

Replies

• try2again
    try2again Posts: 3,562 Member
    Options
    cpie00 wrote: »
    Hi folks, I have made a lentil and ham soup but when I enter it into my food diary, I don't know how to put it into serving sizes after keying in all the ingredients, eg the recipe is 6 servings but I can't seem to separate them from the calories of the whole thing. OR if I try to create a recipe without putting in ingredients, eg I just type in L&H Soup, I can't find how to add in the calories. (I hope that makes sense). Sorry if this has been answered before but I can't figure it out, and I've really tried! Thanks in advance

I would use the recipe builder. You will enter the complete recipe and the designated number of servings. Then you log the number of servings you actually have, and MFP will do the math. As a bonus, the recipe will be right there to log the next time you make the dish (you can tweak the amounts and/or ingredients as needed). BTW, to accurately and easily establish serving sizes, I keep a list of the weight of all of my pots & pans on the fridge. I weigh the finished dish, subtract the weight of the pot, and divide the remaining number by the number of servings. Then I put my bowl on the scale, hit tare, and weigh out my serving.