1000 minutes per month challenge Friday 8/27

Options
We are a group of MFP's who have committed to doing 1000 minutes of exercise per month (minimum). We count minutes for all types of exercise: yoga, aerobics, walking, weight training, strength work, stretching or heavy gardening. You be the judge of whether it's exercise. We're here to support, encourage, and set challenges for ourselves. It's all about intention. If we don't make the 1000 minutes this month, there's next month to go for it. Newcomers always welcome!

Here’s how to join, plus some additional information:
• You simply post to join.
• You will keep track of your own minutes every month-see intro to see what types of activities count toward the total. If you join us mid-month, it's ok to try for a percentage of the 1000, e.g. join on the 15th, go for 50% or 500 minutes.
• Most people track on the days they workout, sometimes more.
• We try to encourage and support each other.
• First one on-line starts us out-post the intro in the first post and your workouts in the next post. (We always love anyone who takes the initiative to start us!)
• Not many folks post on weekends but more post on Monday-Friday.

If you would like to join, please post the following information at the bottom of your post so we can get to know you better:

Screen name-name-age-state-marital status-children-pets-job-hobbies.

Replies

• nixona1031
    nixona1031 Posts: 133
    Options
    Hi everyone! I wanted to know your opinion something. Agthorn has a good idea in linking the threads together. Would you guys like having one continuous thread labeled 1000 minute challenge or do you want to have a new thread for each new day? I personally like the idea of one continuous thread (that could start tomorrow with a new title excluding the date). Post your thoughts!

Have a great day everyone!
  • Motorgirl6
    Options
    Count me in! I will give more info when I get on my computer at home. :)
  • agthorn
    agthorn Posts: 1,844 Member
    Options
    I think having one thread per month would be good :-) Then people can post their updates in that month's thread, and everyone starts fresh each month!
  • crosbyc
    crosbyc Posts: 5
    Options
    :huh: i wanna join ... can i message u my info ?
  • u2fergus
    u2fergus Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Having one post per month is better.

By the way, to report in for yesterday, I walked 4 mph for 45 minutes.
  • sexyharleymama
    Options
    Bump :bigsmile:

this sounds cool, but i will start on Sept 1. see you in less than a week :happy:
  • kristopher8888
    Options
    Hi all,

Kris here, I am 40 years old, I am married to the greatest woman, I am in the US Navy and I love the YMCA!.

SW: 225
    CW: 219
    GW: 180

August Minutes: 630/1000
  • nixona1031
    Options
    :huh: i wanna join ... can i message u my info ?
    No need. Just post whatever you feel comfortable posting.
  • TMcBooty
    TMcBooty Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    I want to join. I will start September 1st. My info is as follows:

Screen name - tmcbooty
    name - tanya
    age - 31
    state - MD
    marital status - married
    children - Zoe
    pets - Tasha (dog) and Maple (cat)
    job - government
    hobbies - farmville LOL

edit - oh and I like one thread per month
  • nixona1031
    Options
    Okay... sounds like we like one thread for the entire month. Since it is still early I will go ahead and start a new thread because I also want to remove the personal information line. Thank you for your thoughts!
  • nixona1031
    Options
    Started a new thread if you want to follow there but no rush until tomorrow. http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/327889-1000-minutes-per-month-challenge-august-2011?page=1#posts-4382310
  • Momma24
    Momma24 Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    Hi I am Sherry and I want to exercise 1000 minutes!!!!

I am very happily married with 4 children. 3 girls 1 boy. My oldest is in college, then highschool, and the 2 little ones in elementary school.

I have a dog

I am 40 soon to be 41

I live in CA.

In 2009 I lost 44 pounds then my son who was 4 at the time was having speech problems. He started k in 2010 and he was not doing well. Found out that he has Autism not that this is an excuse but I put me on the back burner trying to help him and next thing I knew I gained back 34 of those pounds. I am trying to get back on track and finding it very difficult thought maybe I would really start trying to focus on exercise. Thanks for this forum and sorry for the long message
  • harleygirlT
    harleygirlT Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Yes I want to join, will start Sept. 1.

screen name: HarleygirlT
    name: Tammy
    married: yes 32 years!
    kids: 2 boys
    state: California
    job: national food distributor
    hobbies: riding my harley, having fun with the family.
  • sal0118
    sal0118 Posts: 84
    Options
    Please be patient in that I am new.
    So, I guess I am looking for some clarification.
    Are we starting tomorrow and not sure how or where we log in?
    I appreciate. Thanks.
  • nixona1031
    Options
    Please be patient in that I am new.
    So, I guess I am looking for some clarification.
    Are we starting tomorrow and not sure how or where we log in?
    I appreciate. Thanks.
    You can start whenever you like but I think most of us are finishing up this month with whatever exercise we chose.