New to MFP In Arizona

Options
Hello everyone,

I am new to MFP thanks to my friend who introduced me. She has so far lost 40 pounds and me only 3 ( well I just started). I have 2 kids 7 and 2 years old. I try to make it to the gym in my complex late at night or early in the morning but working out alone really doesn't motivate me much. Does anyone else live in Arizona or Peoria area that would like to work out? I check on diffrent sites for fitness workout pals but no luck yet. I do my best at work to walk around for 30 min on lunch and drink a gallon of water a day too but I know I want to work out more and be pushed. Even if you are not in Arizona feel free to add me as we can push eacother and stay on top of our goals. Have a great day everyone.

Replies

• MelissaL582
    MelissaL582 Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    I used to live in Arizona (Sierra Vista & Tucson). I'm a stay at home mom of 3 little ones and I can't make it to the gym. Have you looked into workout dvds? I workout to Leslie Sansone (aerobics) and the Biggest Loser dvds. Try those out and see if those are better for ya instead of going to the gym. I bought them at Walmart in their fitness center.
  • brewingaz
    brewingaz Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    Hey there,
    I live in Arizona, but I'm in Gilbert. Essentially the opposite end of the Valley as Peoria. It gets hard to work out here because it's intensely hot (as you're well aware fo right now). Good luck in working out! I have two kids, work full time and am in college again, so I hear ya on the dififcult schedule. Welcome to MFP!
  • Amandanoralynn
    Amandanoralynn Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Been ages since I lived in Arizona. I do agree that the Leslie Sanson dvd's are excellent for indoor walking, my grand kids like to get in there and do some with me at times.
    Best of luck to you!
  • SyreetaJayne1
    Options
    Hi,

I'm in West Phoenix, so a bit closer to you. I have a membership to L.A. Fitness (Laveen) and go there 4 times a week, which helped me take my workouts and weight loss to a new level.
  • AztoOregon
    Options
    Yeah I sold my house and moved to an apartment so they have a really nice gym there. I know if i was to go to a local gym I would have more people to work out with but I tried cutting down cost too. Although I think that I should look into a gym membership again so I can be more motivated. I do work out videos at home but since I live upstairs its hard not to make to much noise :( the people below me left a note on my door saying my kids make to much noise ( trust me they got a peice of me after that). So I just mind my own get out of the house and go to the gym alone. When it cools down I will start hiking too. For now I am going to school online 3 days a week so I try to fit my workout in between those times. Thanks for the motivation everyone I really appreciate it.
  • Thankilates
    Thankilates Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Hello, just wanted to say that I am in AZ~ I live in Avondale, but on the North side of the 10, so closer to Goodyear/Litchfield Park! :) Anyway, would love to find some AZ buddies who are also sick of the heat!

I will be hiking the White Tank mountains while it gets cool out at least 1 a week! It's not for the faint of heart. You will burn about 2000 calories, your feet will be sore and it's not just up and down like Squaw Peak, it's up down through behind etc! :) It's about 8 miles and takes 3 hours, my best time was 2:45. I would like to find some people to do this early in the mornings and then go out to lunch at Paradise Bakery or something! :)

Also, what kind of workouts do you do?

Anyone else excited for NFL starting tonight?!?!?!? :)

Oh, and I've lived in az for about 8 years. I am originally from Viking country: AKA MINNEAPOLIS!!! :) Around this time of year I have no idea why I live here! Then I remember that in another month or so, it will be nice, no BEAUTIFUL for 9 months! :)

Have a great day!!!
  • leilani♥
    Options
    White tank mountains sound scary by your description!! Hahaha. I did camelback last sunday and I died 500 times on my way up!! :P
  • bwright09
    Options
    Hey! I think it is awesome when I hear mothers working hard to be a mom, co-worker, friend, and trying to look great on top of all that. I am not yet a mother, but will one day be one and I know it is harder to find time for yourself. My mom is 38 years old and looks amazing weighing 122 pounds. She makes sure she has time to walk it least 3-5 miles a day and on top of that she eats well. She does not count her calories, drink enough water, or cut out the bad habits, but she works hard to be able to eat what she wants. Something she has taught me is to not overeat. When making your plate put smaller portions on there to ensure you will not go back for seconds. I feel my fullest when I consume protein. Eating 45 grams of protein a day will help you feel fuller longer and get the energy you need!
  • mbond6
    mbond6 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    hi there live in mesa trying this out, Just watching calories and adding a little cardio
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP.......I'm in the Gilbert area so obviously too far away, good luck with the workout buddy hunt, although I find my best workout partner is my husband and kids. I quit going with other women because they want to talk :laugh:

Keep working hard, it will pay off :flowerforyou:
  • nrtenagrl
    nrtenagrl Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Queen Creek, AZ here! Feel free to add me,.. Good luck. I would love to go hiking the last time I went I was in 6th grade, camping with my class! Oh how fun that was!!
  • ymmap22
    Options
    I am in Scottsdale/Tempe area Near the Zoo, I find that when the weather gets warmer I love walking on the canal and to the Hole in the Rock at the Park, I have been walking in the pool, and now I need to start working out, so I need to find a gym to join,,,,
  • NoWeighJose74
    NoWeighJose74 Posts: 581 Member
    Options
    Woot! AZ representin! Casa Grande here.

So yeah, basicially I live in the Sh!thole between Phoenix and Tucson. :indifferent:

Welcome to MFP and best of luck in your journey to better health and fitness. :flowerforyou:
  • JENIFER_AZ
    JENIFER_AZ Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I'm up in North Scottsdale, please feel free to add me!
  • chuckyp
    chuckyp Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    I'm in Queen Creek (southeast valley). Anyone from AZ feel free to add me as well!
  • Thankilates
    Thankilates Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    White tank mountains sound scary by your description!! Hahaha. I did camelback last sunday and I died 500 times on my way up!! :P

I don't like Camelback! LOL Well gear up and let's do it! Think of it this way... Camelback would be the warm-up to the White Tanks! :) There is a 1 mile NOTHING loop on flat ground, a 4 mile NOTHING loop and then the crazy 8 mile loop... and then a 24`mile loop! I am hoping to train hard enough this year to do the 24 mile loop next year!!!!!! :)
  • smartipants
    Options
    Hi there! Cheking in from Gilbert as well and yes I am so sick of the heat here. It's pretty ridiculous at this point. I can't wait for the cooler months to start hitting the hiking trails again. Good luck to everyone!
  • rsalisburyaz
    Options
    Hello, new to MFP, in LItchfield Park, hello fellow Arizona residents!