Healthy caffeine options?

Options
I work long 24 hour shifts, plain black coffee is too bitter for me, are there any other options available that are still low calorie and don't have artificial sugars available in them that are natural and not synthetic drinks?

Replies

• meganpettigrew86
    meganpettigrew86 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Green tea, pre workout pills, chai tea, sugar free energy drinks.
  • Evamutt
    Evamutt Posts: 2,330 Member
    Options
    I stopped using creamer a while back. I don't like bitter coffee so I don't make mine strong but strong enough for the caffeine. I put some of my cashew milk in it (25 cal/cup)
  • meganpettigrew86
    meganpettigrew86 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Oops just noticed the not artificial... That makes it harder... Tea it is
  • rkcampbell
    rkcampbell Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Iced tea with fruit in it! This has been my go to lately! I bought a bag of frozen fruit from Costco and drop a handful in. It doubles up as ice cubes! Then eating the fruit is not much calorie wise.
  • merekins
    merekins Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Cold brew with splash of sweet cream. It’s not as bitter as coffee.
  • texasredreb
    texasredreb Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    I drink coffee with cream and sugar. I make sure I stay within my deficit.
  • TrishSeren
    TrishSeren Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    I don't think tea has that much caffeine in it. Correct me if I'm wrong but I drink 3-5 cups a day and it certainly does not energise me in the slightest. A sugar-free Red Bull will though.
  • spilledmilk
    spilledmilk Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Learn to like black coffee. Or, have you tried matcha? It has more caffeine than coffee. But the taste is very strong without sweeteners.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    The better the coffee the nicer it is to drink black. Folgers - Nope!
    Don Francisco’s Hawaiian Hazelnut - Yep!

FWIW - I have nothing against artificial sweeteners.
  • hedwardsb
    hedwardsb Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Unsweetened vanilla almond milk is my latest favorite in my coffee.
  • chris89topher
    chris89topher Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Learn to like black coffee. Or, have you tried matcha? It has more caffeine than coffee. But the taste is very strong without sweeteners.

I just recently started drinking my coffee black. I drink French vanilla flavored k cups but with nothing added. It was a rough transition but I'm really into it now!
  • youngmomtaz
    youngmomtaz Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    The better the coffee the nicer it is to drink black. Folgers - Nope!
    Don Francisco’s Hawaiian Hazelnut - Yep!

FWIW - I have nothing against artificial sweeteners.

This! Buy good coffee. Try out small bags and see what you like. My local coffee shop has great beans I can buy by the kg, but I also love most varieties of kicking horse coffee. If you are in a shop and love their coffee, see if they will sell you the beans.

And as much as I love sweet foods, not in my coffee so I really can’t help you there. For me it is black/unflavoured cappuccino/espresso with heavy cream. If there is sugar or sweetener in my coffee it tastes like a swamp to me.
  • JustaGirlNamedJenn
    JustaGirlNamedJenn Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Coffee with unsweetened almond milk? It won't have any fake sugars in it since it's not supposed to be sweetened. It's at least a little better than black coffee, though I'm with you on that one. Honestly I have a sugar free energy drink most mornings lol. Yeah, not "healthy" by some people's standards, but whatever. Hasn't killed me yet.
  • merekins
    merekins Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Unsweetened tea. I like Tzao Zen, jasmine green, and peach green iced and chai for hot
  • leftyomalligan
    leftyomalligan Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Yerba Mate tea has a similar amount of caffeine than coffee. It has lots of anti-oxidants. I like the flavor - it is mild and not bitter. I love coffee but stopped drinking coffee because it didn't agree with me. I love this as an alternative! I buy the loose leaf tea and use my french press to make a pot of it. Best of luck!
  • Roy1C
    Roy1C Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Have you tried Stevia to sweeten the bitter taste? Silk makes a no sugar almond milk creamer that I’ve been using.
  • mandynicolem42818
    mandynicolem42818 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I work long 24 hour shifts, plain black coffee is too bitter for me, are there any other options available that are still low calorie and don't have artificial sugars available in them that are natural and not synthetic drinks?

I just do a cup of coffee in the morning at home in my Keurig and you can put a couple tablespoons of yummy liquid flavored creamer for under 100 calories ☺️ or sugar free ones are even less!

• Clarisse_McClellan
    Clarisse_McClellan Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Jet Alert. 200 mg of caffeine per tablet, and they claim zero calories. $1.24 at Wal-Mart. Just don't pull a Jessie Spano. ;)