New To This

Options
jazxx88
jazxx88 Posts: 1 Member
Hello everyone.

I never have been one to like to workout and I really need to start due to some health issues.
I’ve tried several times getting gym memberships but never had the motivation or consistency to continue going. I am looking for some tips on how you stay motivated and possible little workout routines for beginners?

Please let me know if you have any positive advice & thank you in advance :)

Replies

• Panini911
    Panini911 Posts: 2,325 Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    i hate the gym. so i don't go. not gonna force myself to do something i hate and that i will likely stop doing as soon as i lose any sorta motivation.

weight loss is mostly done in the kitchen and there are TONS of ways to become active without hitting a gym. I walk, i used to run and hope to get into cyclying (getting thru some injuries). There are tons of team sports and other activities you can do to stay active. or group classes.

i build it in my routine. in a way that i don't think about going or not going. walking is easier cuz you can get off the bus a stop earlier, park a little farther that sorta thing.
  • AngelLizbeth
    AngelLizbeth Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Seven shapely secrets by Greer Childers only takes seven minutes, makes your face look like it had a facelift from day one. I love it's simplicity, once you manage the breathing technique it uses. However I have a hubby who makes fun of me and as we are both retired not much time when he isn't about, for doing exerises... Wishing you loads of success.
  • grimendale
    grimendale Posts: 2,153 Member
    Options
    Find something you enjoy and can stick to. Me personally, I love running. When I hit the zone, it's like a moving meditation where I can turn my mind off and just move. It helps a lot with my stress and anxiety, and I find it easy to get three runs in a week. On the other hand, if you tried to make me go to an aerobic class three times a week, there's very little chance I'd stick to it for very long. Find what works for you. Most of weight loss is in your eating habits anyhow. Exercise is more for overall health (cardiovascular, etc) or muscle building (strength training) than weight loss.
  • dare2begin
    dare2begin Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Look at Daily Burn. Affordable, you can access it on you phone, tablet, Chromecast...makes it easy and accessible. I'm not a gym person either but did really well with it. Looking to start my membership again.
  • mandynicolem42818
    mandynicolem42818 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    You just have to want it bad enough. You have to want those. Changes and you’ll find a way. YouTube is where it’s at 👌