Feedback on Food Diary

Options
Hey guys just wanting some feedback on my food diary. I have been trying to eat healthy but seems like my weightloss has stalled in the past month. I work weird crazy hrs so at times it is hard to eat every three to four hrs but i try my hardest to! Just started using this website and love it!

Replies

• stronglikebull
    Options
    you should cut your sodium about in half, that's an insane amount to be taking in.
  • Pepper2185
    Pepper2185 Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    The sodium stood out to me as well.

Excess sodium will cause you to retain water. More sodium in your diet = more water weight.

You need some salt, but not that much.

Good luck :)

Edit: more water might be good, too!
  • Runnermadre
    Runnermadre Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I struggle with sodium too, but that might be the problem. Try really hard to keep it within your allotted amount. Otherwise, I think your diary looks pretty good!
  • DiamondRubyMom
    DiamondRubyMom Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I would suggest you eat your exercise calories. Maybe add some more carbs so your body doesn't break down muscle to feed itself. Keep up the good work. You can do this!
  • yeabby
    yeabby Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    That's what I saw too. The 2500 given by MFP is very generous. I try to stay around 1800 and no more than 2200.

Good luck!
  • ericka389
    Options
    I have been so focused into getting my protein and carbs that ! didnt even look or take into account the sodium! Thank you
  • sugarbone
    sugarbone Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    try to keep it under 2300 mg and then 2000 and then 1800 as you get used to it. food can be delicious without salt! For example, try to use chicken that is JUST chicken, not packaged and flavoured already. then you can cook it how you like and be aware of your sodium intake.
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options
    watch out for deli meats! like the poster above said, cook a turkey up and slice it yourself...much less sodium.
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    You seem to be workout out reguarly so I wouldn't think sodium would be too much of an issue especially as it generally looks to be fairly consistent numbers. Your protein intake is great :) What do you currently weigh and what is your goal weight? Possible that it's time to focus more on body composition rather than scale weight?
  • ericka389
    Options
    I started at 189 and have been at 160 for a month now. I have been at this since April.
  • Genem30
    Genem30 Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    I'm horrible with the sodium, too, I think it's the bane of my dietary existence right now. I've been telling myself it's okay because I sweat it out with exercise, but I really need to start being more pro-active about my intake level.