Frisky Business

Options
I personally think sex should count as cardiovascular exercise, but of course it's not one of the pre-listed activities. Any ideas how many calories you burn in the sack?

Replies

• HollyLLillis
    HollyLLillis Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I've been too embarrased to ask but I have wondered myself.... lol:blushing:
  • Connie_TN
    Options
    LOL good question.
  • thetrishwarp
    thetrishwarp Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    I've heard it's not very many, unless you're the one doing the more vigorous part of it and you do it for a long time. Generally, my understanding is that you burn like...25cals/sesh?
  • bry_all01
    bry_all01 Posts: 3,100 Member
    Options
    shower sex I equate to hot yoga, regular I say yoga
  • JeffGDDG
    JeffGDDG Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Wear a heart rate monitor... (just kidding) LOL!
  • Leslie2273
    Leslie2273 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    No not really. I don't wear my HRM. lol BUT keep in mind it depends in the situation because not every activity burns the same calories. :devil:
  • brewingaz
    brewingaz Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    Should we log *kitten* too??
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    SergeantSunshine_reused Posts: 5,382 Member
    Options
    Not nearly as much as you think. Not worth logging.

Enjoy sex. Dont worry about how many calories you burn
  • Catheline1
    Catheline1 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Would anyone like to experiment?? Who has a band watch that accurately counts calories? Maybe keep it on during sex? I don't have one but I would love to know myself. Wouldn't it be great to substitute sex for actual work outs??
  • eliz_in_pink
    eliz_in_pink Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    www.healthstatus.com/calculate/cbc

enjoy :)
  • MrsPike07
    MrsPike07 Posts: 160
    Options
    I have seen someone log "whoopie"....I am assuming that it sex. Lol :)
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    SergeantSunshine_reused Posts: 5,382 Member
    Options
    Would anyone like to experiment?? Who has a band watch that accurately counts calories? Maybe keep it on during sex? I don't have one but I would love to know myself. Wouldn't it be great to substitute sex for actual work outs??

Lol you dont burn 200+ cals during sex, might want to stick to your current workout xD
  • mamashatzie
    mamashatzie Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I just count it part of my lifestyle rather than exercise, because I'd still do it either way. :)

As for an experiment...I should try using my HRM...hmm...
  • Ifican
    Ifican Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Of course this will depend on duration of activity. Meaning actively involved and since this is so unique to each person the numbers are going to be all over the place. To complicate this even more, especially for women, you heart rate will increase as a biological response to stimulation. So yes you will burn a couple more calories than if at rest but its no where near what it would be if you got your heart rate up via other means. Well unless as stated you are the one taking on the "more vigorous" role. Just enjoy it as part of life unless thats what you do for a living, then simply change your profile to very active and youll be set.
  • brittanyjeanxo
    brittanyjeanxo Posts: 1,831 Member
    Options
    There are a billion posts about this, lol. I personally don't log it because it's only like half an hour and I don't do a lot of work ;P But if you have a HRM, as unsexy as it is, I'd ask the SO if he'd have a problem with you wearing it once. :P
  • CountryDevil
    CountryDevil Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    I just LOL'ed all over myself. I have actually worn mine. But it was not enough calories to worry about logging.
  • sarahsmart88
    Options
    I've heard it's not very many, unless you're the one doing the more vigorous part of it and you do it for a long time. Generally, my understanding is that you burn like...25cals/sesh?

That is disappointing lol
  • Katz721
    Katz721 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    If I have a steamy session, I log it! No doubt. Here is the site I use to figure out calories burned. Its probably not truly accurate, so I always log less than what it says.

http://www.womansday.com/Articles/Sex-Relationships/Sex/8-Sexy-Ways-to-Burn-Calories.html
  • p0pr0cksnc0ke
    p0pr0cksnc0ke Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    I have seen someone log "whoopie"....I am assuming that it sex. Lol :)

I log mine as horiztonal belly dance.
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    While I've never worn my HRM during sex, I have done some research and it's a lot less than you think. I don't remember for sure, but it was something like 250 calories per hour.