Cheating...

Options
Sasssy69
Sasssy69 Posts: 547 Member
Today is my cheat day. I give myself one meal a week. Tonight it's pizza. I'm feeling guilty though. I don't like to cheat on my healthy food. It's been so faithful to me. I don't want my vegetables in my fridge to get wind of my affair with the three pieces of sausage pizza I plan on eating, and leave me. And what will the fruit think??? Oh the judgments from the Greek yogurt and blueberries.

So, with all this guilt, and what with the commandment of adultery in the Bible, I was thinking maybe getting one of those Delite pizza's from Papa Murphys with half the cheese, canadian bacon, olives, and onions.

I'm not Catholic, but I don't want to have to confess in the morning for my cheating ways.

*SIGH* What to do what to do????

Replies

• deadstarsunburn
    deadstarsunburn Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    lol aw I always feel bad too! xp I think picking a healthier pizza is a good idea
  • writtenINthestars
    writtenINthestars Posts: 1,933 Member
    Options
    I think you'll be fine.

I'm having an affair with Cotton Candy Martini's this evening...my water would be outraged..
  • lizsmith1976
    lizsmith1976 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    Kashi makes EXCELLENT frozen pizzas - they are vegetarian, on a 7 grain whole grain thin crust, full of veggies, fiber, protein, etc.

I feel the same way you do, I used to LOVE my cheat days, but now I really am used to eating healthy and feel weird changing it! That's good :)
  • helloburger
    helloburger Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    if you feel guilty eating it then dont! as surely your not going to enjoy it!
  • cnsmith2
    cnsmith2 Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    You could eat a smaller size of the pizza that you want to "cheat" with and then add a healthy salad on the side to finish off your meal!
  • Random_Name
    Options
    I say go for it. I'm having an affair with my secretary over lunch break.
  • sandislim
    sandislim Posts: 264
    Options
    I cheated today unintentionally - the worst kind, I feel so dirty...

I'm going straight back to my vegetables if they'll have me, I hope so because I miss them so much and couldn't live if they decided to leave me :(

You could always have some salad with a bit of pizza on the side?
  • Onesnap
    Onesnap Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    I don't recommend 'Cheat Days'. I know a lot of people on MFP have posted about this, so check out the search in the forums and read some of the posts on this topic.

The reason I don't agree with this concept is because MFP is all about making a lifestyle change with improved diet and nutrition (and being more aware of what you put in your body using the nutrition tracking). If you have one cheat day per week how is this different than what you did before you joined MFP?

Just allow yourself indulgences in moderation during the week. Don't drive yourself bonkers saving that for a cheat day. Just log every bite and move on from there. Can you imagine me last week around the campfire making s'moores while away with a friend "oh, I'm going to skip out sitting by the fire on this lovely night and save the s'moore for my cheat day later in the week?" Just have one or two, log it and move on.
  • biddysaurus
    biddysaurus Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I think you'll be fine.

I'm having an affair with Cotton Candy Martini's this evening...my water would be outraged..

LOL! Enjoy! :)
  • Sasssy69
    Options
    I think you'll be fine.

OMG - THE WATER. I forgot about the water. It's going to be sooooo pissed when it finds out about the 2 corona lights I plan on letting slide down my throat. CRAP!
  • Valtishia
    Valtishia Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    Hahahha... way too cute!!

Why not try making your own? You can buy dough mix that just needs to add water (or make your own from scratch all together if you are feeling ambitious), use no salt added tomatoe sauce.. then add all your toppings. This way you are in complete control of what is going on it and into your body :)
  • pinkbride2011
    Options
    I made homemade pizza's last night for dinner, my husband loves them. They are only 320 cals and that's with pepperoni. Here's the recipe if your'e interested:

1 Whole Wheat Pita (trader joes)
    1 tbs Tomato Paste (organic)
    1 tsp Italian Seasoning
    1/4 cup shredded mozzarella (trader joes)
    5 pieces of pepperoni (volpi)
    4 Sliced Cherry Tomatoes

I spread the tomato paste on the pita, sprinkle it with italian seasoning then put my toppings on. I bake it for 10 min on 425 degrees. They are the perfect size mini pizzas and non dieters like them too. You can subsitute the pepperoni for canadian bacon or any meat... or just load it with veggies.

Enjoy your cheat day.
  • Onesnap
    Options
    OMG - THE WATER. I forgot about the water. It's going to be sooooo pissed when it finds out about the 2 corona lights I plan on letting slide down my throat. CRAP!

I saw go for regular Corona with the lime. If you're going to have 2 drinks while out with friends you might as well have the real thing, not a watered-down second best. Or perhaps have Bud Light Lime instead? mmmm
  • Onesnap
    Options
    I made homemade pizza's last night for dinner, my husband loves them. They are only 320 cals and that's with pepperoni. Here's the recipe if your'e interested:

1 Whole Wheat Pita (trader joes)
    1 tbs Tomato Paste (organic)
    1 tsp Italian Seasoning
    1/4 cup shredded mozzarella (trader joes)
    5 pieces of pepperoni (volpi)
    4 Sliced Cherry Tomatoes

I spread the tomato paste on the pita, sprinkle it with italian seasoning then put my toppings on. I bake it for 10 min on 425 degrees. They are the perfect size mini pizzas and non dieters like them too. You can subsitute the pepperoni for canadian bacon or any meat... or just load it with veggies.

Enjoy your cheat day.

My life would not be the same without having a Trader Joe's right near my house.
  • pinkbride2011
    Options
    Agreed, I'd eat a lot more crap but have a lot less money. :smile:
    I tried shopping at Henry's and Whole foods and really hated what it did to my budget.
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    Having one cheat day per week is different than what I was doing before because I was having one cheat day per day before.

I do the moderation thing now because eating healthy foods is a habit for me, and I don't have to worry about being so structured about it anymore. But when I was actively trying to lose weight, I had to first condition myself to understand what was working and what wasn't, in terms of the actual content of the food, as well as when I was eating it. Otherwise, I would have given myself constant excuses for eating things I shouldn't have been eating. Qualifying a certain meal as a cheat meal and only having it once per week helped me to see certain foods as exceptions. Now I am able to eat them in moderation whenever I feel like it without worrying about falling into old habits.
  • Onesnap
    Options
    Agreed, I'd eat a lot more crap but have a lot less money. :smile:
    I tried shopping at Henry's and Whole foods and really hated what it did to my budget.

The Trader Joe's seem to vary from one to the next. The produce and meat at mine tend to be great. I made a chicken in the crock pot yesterday from there and it was wonderful (and also free range and organic, which is the only meat I buy). Mine also has wine and beer tastings each week and some of their own wines (there's an organic white for under $4) are actually quite good (not the $2 Chuck, I mean ones there that are their own brand but you would not know it by the name).
  • FollowThatUnicorn
    FollowThatUnicorn Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I think you'll be fine.

Do you know they now make CAKE vodka?!!!!
  • Sasssy69
    Options
    I think you'll be fine.

Do you know they now make CAKE vodka?!!!!

My teeny tiny black heart wept for joy when I heard this! CAKE VODKA!!! What saint invented this??? I have yet to try it. I've heard vodka is low cal - Wonder if the cake vodka is low cal as well...hmmmm...
  • Onesnap
    Options

My teeny tiny black heart wept for joy when I heard this! CAKE VODKA!!! What saint invented this??? I have yet to try it. I've heard vodka is low cal - Wonder if the cake vodka is low cal as well...hmmmm...

Check out the shot glass with the birthday candle on the Cake vodka website. Pure genius:

http://www.uvvodka.com/page/show/333797-uv-cake