Started on Monday and...

so, I just read that some people started on Monday...like myself and have already lost weight! WTH? I happy for them, but I have not lost ANYTHING!!!

:sad:

Replies

• Sagelit
    Sagelit Posts: 78
    There could be many reasons, but I notice you don't have a ton of weight you are set to lose. Perhaps theirs is coming off easier because they have a lot more to lose in the first place, or because they ate terrible foods that they have now cut out? Also, drink lots of water so your body doesn't retain as much. Keep us all posted!
  • jame_104
    jame_104 Posts: 57 Member
    Must be nice for them, give it more time. I didn't lose weight that fast, I still don't. Hang in there the weight will come off I promise. :)
  • jazzy020106
    jazzy020106 Posts: 485 Member
    I just (re) started monday as well =] I havent even weighed myself yet and dont know if I lost anything but the previous poster is correct, they probably have more to lose than you =] Just keep at it and it will be worth it!
  • Jade1x
    Jade1x Posts: 166
    Im the same been on here since the 16th and lost like 0.6kg today dunno how much that works out in lbs but seem to be taking forever & ive cut down loads!!! Gets me mad and just want o give in already & i exercise quite alot aswell dunno what im doing wrong.
  • msmayor
    msmayor Posts: 362 Member
    Hey not to bust your happy bubble but everyone is different and I've only been doing this since 6/28 and recorded a loss of 6lbs and the reason for that I watched my weight go up and down and even stay the same when I knew I had a bad wknd or so..... so I figured although I have a bad habit of stepping on the scale daily I only record every other Monday (just started this) because my weight is ever changing and sometimes not for the best.... so I record 2x a month (now) and I've acutally lose a few but I feel it's a true loss....so you will at your own pace but along the way you will also learn your body
  • glenner
    glenner Posts: 160 Member
    I started on Monday and am down a little but it is because it was my one month vacation pig-out weight. I find that if I had a while of improper eating and put on some weight, it comes off rapidly- but then I get stuck with that same 40+lbs that I have been trying to get rid of for years. I also believe in the set-point theory - that your body gets to a point it likes and gets stuck there. You can eat lots without packing on much but you can also diet lots without losing much. When you get to one of those set-points you have to ignore the scale for a while and just focus on sticking with it. When I am in the mode I can go a month or two without dropping an ounce then l will lose 5 lbs. at once. HANG IN THERE!!!!
  • Sasssy69
    Sasssy69 Posts: 547 Member
    The heavier you are the quicker and more weight you will lose...at first. I have about 24 pounds to lose. I've been at it for about 3 weeks and have lost about 6 pounds. I get 1200 calories a day, and I'm strict with it. I'm hungry a lot, but the weight is coming off, and I know that eventually, I'll get used to eating less, so it won't be as hard. The first month is always the hardest for me because I feel hungry all the time. But my body gets used to the 1200 calories eventually, and the weight slowly, but surely starts to come off. Drink a LOT of water. Avoid snacks high in sodium.

What are you doing for exercise? The key could be there too.
  • Don't be discouraged. Everyone is different. When I first decided to lose weight a few years ago, I lost a lot the first couple weeks, but it was right after a vaction. A few weeks later, it slowed down. It could also just be others are weighing themselves at different times of the day. Make sure to always weigh yourself at the same time of the day because your weight fluctuates a pound or 2 throughout the day.
  • sal0118
    sal0118 Posts: 84
    I just started Saturday and I am anxious to weigh, but also concerned. I Agee that you do not have much to loose. I do not know if you are weighing in on a daily basis. I recall reading an article in the magazine Psychology Today did studies on people trying to loose weight and cautioned people if you are weighing in frequently during the week that it can play with your mind. If a person sees themselves doing well, they may give themselves permission to have more or if they don't see the progress they want they may get upset binge and want to give up. Have a good day.
  • That is actually a good thing. The slower you lose the weight the easier it is to keep off.
  • julietsingleton
    julietsingleton Posts: 126 Member
    That is actually a good thing. The slower you lose the weight the easier it is to keep off.

This is so true, I totally agree ! :smile: