Looking for some friends for encouragement, about 50lbs to lose

Options
Roodlokje
Roodlokje Posts: 25 Member
Hey!

So, back in 2017 I finally hit the 35kgs lost. I was 75kgs and I needed to lose 5kgs to be at a healthy BMI - slimmest I've ever been in my life. I still saw the 35kgs when I looked in the mirror though.

I got pregnant, got seriously ill and bedridden and I gained a lot. Most of it I gained in the early months of motherhood trying to survive everything I went through & everything that was going on. I don't blame myself, it was hella hard, but now I really want to get back to a healthier weight and feel better in my body. I don't mind the soft belly and stretch marks at all, I just want to be lighter and feel lighter.

I am currently somewhere around 200lbs+ and wanting to go to around 150lbs. I very much prefer friends who are in a similar weight range.

I am vegan, I don't mind if you aren't but bonus points if you are. I am leaning towards a high carb low fat vegan diet, but mostly just trying to eat whole foods.

I'd love some friends on here so we can comment on each others diaries for encouragement. Anyone? :)

Replies

• LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm also weighing 200ish looking to lose about 50 lbs. Welcome!

On my 2nd day and so far, so good. Filling out the food diary is a real eye opener.

I wish you the best on your journey. ☺
  • Roodlokje
    Options
    Thank you, same to you!
  • iamkrohn
    iamkrohn Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am trying to lose 60 pounds myself. Keep it up and build those healthy habits
  • paulsgirl07
    paulsgirl07 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    hi my first time back in a long while, I spent 15 months on keto but often allowed myself a treat and have been static for about 3 months, am looking to lose about 6-7 lbs as am getting married in 25 days
  • ALButterfly
    ALButterfly Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi There! You can do this! I started at 211.8 on 11/23/2018 and as of today, 06/11/2019, I'm 53 lbs. down. I suffered a miscarriage, my only pregnancy, and spiraled in to a deep depression where I allowed food to comfort me in dark days. I'm not vegan, but have found that eating non-GMO 99% of the time is the right fit for me. I'm out of the brain fog, can physically move easier, and overall feel really good now. My Fitness Pal really helped with my success in this journey. Take it a day at a time and realize that it takes a little time to shed the weight. Good luck to you! :)
  • paulsgirl07
    paulsgirl07 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    hi congratulations on losing 53 lbs well done, keep up the good work,
  • biggjenn
    biggjenn Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Please feel free to add me. I will cheer you on, and provide support. :-)
  • JulieShumanGifford
    JulieShumanGifford Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. We all benefit from sharing stories and support. I am trying to loose 125 pounds. I have type 2 diabetes. I want to live a long life and be around for my family. I have to get this weight off now. No more excuses.
  • es64539
    es64539 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Started at about 250 and currently at 215 - looking to get to around 150 myself. Trying to focus on whole foods, limiting meat consumption, and being more active overall. Have not really used the social aspect of MFP, so I am hoping it will add another layer of accountability.

Good Luck! I am cheering for you!
  • Roodlokje
    Options
    Thank you for the replies! Feel free to add me if you want to - really would like to have some online friends.

ALButterfly, congratulations on the weight loss! So sorry to hear about your miscarriage, I wish you all the best.
  • wanderlooop
    wanderlooop Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hello! I am also a vegan. Surprisingly, when I went vegan is when I started to gain massive amounts of weight. I would see accidental vegan food, usually junk, and felt like I HAD to buy/eat it because I could. This led to a lot of processed junk food.

Now, I've been vegan for about 2 years and I have become more of a whole food eater. Since I switched my focus to whole foods, I've been able to go from 230lbs to my current weight of 175 (since January).

I don't really follow high carb low fat BUT that is what usually happens. It's just a lot easier as a vegan. I do try to get in healthy fats because they ARE important.

I would LOVE to be friends! It is hard to find someone who understands the vegan life.
  • Roodlokje
    Options
    I can SO relate. Whenever there's a new vegan junk food product, I'm so excited for it I have to try it. Someone's gotta let B&J know we want more flavours right?!

My body reacts to whole foods a looot better, so I am really trying to sticking to this.

You've added me, thanks for that!
  • mysteryouss
    mysteryouss Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hey, I’m around 190 looking to get down to ~145ish and though I’m not vegan, I am vegetarian! Would love to be weight-loss buddies, I always need encouragement haha! I’ll add you 😄
  • Roodlokje
    Options
    Yay, thanks!
  • Jomotive
    Jomotive Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm currently 230 and I'd like to be 140 :) can we be friends?
  • Roodlokje
    Options
    Of course, I added you!
  • skystarfor
    skystarfor Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hello from Dubai , lets do it ... insist on loosing weight ... move more and more , get off that comfy sofa ... eat less and healthier.
    Add me ...