Cook Ahead/Grab and Go Meals

Options
Hi!

SO I have a cooking day where I cook, bag, freeze my meals for the week or two.

I need some ideas on what to add to my cook day. Got anything?

Thanks

Replies

• shellyrulz
    shellyrulz Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I like to make a pot of Biggest Loser Black Bean Turkey Chili and have it for dinner with the family one night and still have enough left over for four 1 cup servings and it is very filling for me. I eat it was the tostitos scoops counting out 12 of those. Total on calories for that meal is 360 calories.
  • Fleur933
    Fleur933 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    2 of my favorites are soup and pesto sauce. ( I can give you the soup recipe if you like, just message me...its a pumpkin soup).

The pesto I make a huge batch and freeze into icecube trays...then pop the cubes into a gallon size ziplock. With only 2 people in the house a couple of good bunches of basil blends up enough to last all year! Then when we want pasta, or chicken, or veggies with a little flavor I just defrost a cube or two (they go a long way).

The soup you can do that way too...but I usually freeze it in those cup or two sized pyrex glass bowls. Then just drop one in my purse on the way to work. Yummy awesome soup all the time( I like the buy the pumpkins when they go on sale in early novemeber...I"m cheap that way lol).

Good luck.
  • cvaneaton
    cvaneaton Posts: 154
    Options
    bruchetta and naco chips or wasa crackers...