Fallen off the wagon

Options
So I need some help getting back on this wagon!!!! So last night I had an Indian takeaway I really wanted it but am feeling horrific today!!
The last 3 weeks I have stuck to no more than 1000 calories a day and lost 1stone 6lbs and felt amazing!!
However this is where it gets tricky I’m due to fly out on my honeymoon tomorrow morning how do I stick to it without being on holiday mode??????

Replies

• RoxanneHull2
    RoxanneHull2 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Congratulations Amy!!! Enjoy your honeymoon. I don't know where you are going, but Just try to eat fresh fruits and veggies, whole grains and lean protein when you can. Don't obsess over it or you won't enjoy your trip. Just get refocused when you get back.
  • Panini911
    Panini911 Posts: 2,325 Member
    Options
    congrats enjoy the honeymoon. just enjoy it. don't over eat on EVERYTHING at EVERY MEAL, but DO take time to enjoy the food opportunities.

when you come back you can kick start a new program that is healthy. 1000 calories a day is under eating for most people. even short women.
  • RoxanneHull2
    RoxanneHull2 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm getting back on this train. At 56, menopause is obviously my biggest enemy right now. My labs came back perfect, even my thyroid. I'm not sedentary by any stretch of the imagination, I sleep like a baby and have minimal hot flashes. I don't snack all day or eat a bunch of junk and I drink water all day. Yet I have gained 30 lbs in the last year. Hopefully tracking my food will do the trick. Even if I'm eating healthy, I could still be eating too much.
  • nooboots
    nooboots Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    amy_marzec wrote: »
    So I need some help getting back on this wagon!!!! So last night I had an Indian takeaway I really wanted it but am feeling horrific today!!
    The last 3 weeks I have stuck to no more than 1000 calories a day and lost 1stone 6lbs and felt amazing!!
    However this is where it gets tricky I’m due to fly out on my honeymoon tomorrow morning how do I stick to it without being on holiday mode??????

Blimey, no wonder you craved a curry, why so low?

I have decided myself that I wont call this sort of thing 'off the wagon' you are still on the wagon, so you log what you had and just carry on, nothing is lose. So when I went on holiday last month I kept diligently logging all the scones, pies, chips, bread etc etc and just carried on when I got back sticking to my calorie allowance. It soon evened up over the following month.

Last weekend we went for a Thai and I ate 3k calories that day. So it will even back out over this week.
  • smoofinator
    smoofinator Posts: 635 Member
    Options
    Read this: https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10603949/big-overfeed-ruins-everything-nope/p1

One day isn't going to make a difference. You might retain some water weight if the takeaway was super salty but, honestly, one day doesn't matter. Seriously.
  • BobPulaski
    BobPulaski Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    You will (hopefully) only have one honeymoon. You will have the rest of your life to exercise and eat reasonably. Enjoy it! Like someone else said, you don't have to eat like you're never going to eat again at every meal but the reason we can occasionally splurge is because it's the exception and the norm. HAVE FUN! You'll look back and regret it if you eat fruit and broccoli all day when you could have been trying local cuisine.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    amy_marzec wrote: »

1000 calories is too little, eating that low is a recipe for bingeing at some point. Losing 20lbs in 3 weeks is crazy fast, and hopefully a lot of that was water weight.

You don't say how much takeaway you ate. Eating takeaway isn't even falling off the wagon if it doesn't put you over your calorie goal.

Losing weight isn't about eating a puritanical no fun diet. And it isn't something to rush through, declare victory, and then go back to the way you were. That's why yo-yo dieting happens.

Go on your honeymoon and enjoy yourself. Just try to make smart decisions but eat the yummy food and drink the champagne. When you come back, set up your account here with a realistic weekly goal (losing 1-2 lbs per week), log accurately and consistently, eat all your calories, fit in some Indian takeaway every once and awhile (along with other treats you enjoy), and have a better chance at not just reaching goal, but being happy and healthy when you get there, and having the best chance of keeping it off for the long term.
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your wedding! If I were you, I would focus on making beautiful honeymoon memories and not so much on the food. You can still mostly behave food wise without worrying. If you gain some, it'll fall off quickly when you return home.

Have fun! <3
  • csplatt
    csplatt Posts: 1,072 Member
    Options
    Go on holiday mode. I went on a cruise during my weight loss and when I got back, I just didn’t step on the scale for a few weeks. By the time I checked again, anything I had gained had disappeared. Go eat!!!!