Hello out there!

Options
lbibeachblond
lbibeachblond Posts: 5 Member
edited June 2019 in Introduce Yourself
Hi, I’m new to all this and just started using the app and I’d love some help and feedback or advice! I can fill you in more on my personal health challenges and goals if you’d like. I’m legally blind and about a year ago lost my left eye, so even walking is tricky. Also apparently my thyroid stopped working go knows how long ago and they just realized it last about a year and half ago. Ever since I lost my ability to drive or get around without help my exercise/activity has nose dived. After finding out that my thyroid had nodules and basically wasn’t working for god knows how many years I started medication. After the horrible dr I was seeing basically reducing me to hysterical tears about my weight I said f that I’m going to get in better shape. I was doing good until I had to have mandatory eye removal surgery, no fun lol. I stick with the diet but had to really cut back in exercise during recovery. Also you don’t really want to leave the house looking like a horror movie extra, lol. But I made it through! It’s been a little over a year since surgery and I have a fancy new prosthetic. In the course of that year long journey I lost about 40lb. But this past fall had a set back that the dr I was seeing over medicated me so much I had horrible heart palpitations. After lots of tests and panic on my end found out it was a reaction to over medication. But I didn’t really exercise because of it. So switched to a new dr, new meds and hopefully new motivation to get in shape! I’m struggling with exercise, I think I would normally do about 500 steps a day before. I’d love some help, motivation, good vibes, tips, and anything else! Thank you! Excited to make some new friends and work towards my goals!
Shannon

Replies

• Pool_Boy
    Pool_Boy Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Welcome Shannon :)
  • chewie456
    chewie456 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Welcome just started back on the app looking for friends
  • lbibeachblond
    Options
    Hi! Thanks for the message!
  • capmiker
    capmiker Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Wow you have quite the story. You're and amazing success story already. All you're doing now is some slight revisions. You got this.
  • lbibeachblond
    Options
    Thank you so much! I have a long way to go but I’m working on it. 😁
  • capmiker
    capmiker Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    You're welcome. :) you'll do it.
  • Gr8fulGirl2
    Gr8fulGirl2 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    You are an overcomer, Shannon! I constantly have to remind myself small steps still move me forward. You’ve got this!! 🙌🏻
  • EddieLeeChapy
    EddieLeeChapy Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Welcome
  • lbibeachblond
    Options
    Thank you!
  • skystarfor
    skystarfor Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hello from Dubai , lets do it ... insist on loosing weight ... move more and more , get off that comfy sofa ... eat less and healthier.
    Add me ...