Losing weight, nobody sees it

Options
2»

Replies

• runamym
    runamym Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    my husband will notice,but for some reason like most men,thinks complimenting his woman makes him look weak,I guess,otherwise it wouldnt be so hard to compliment her..i just had the GB last week and the weight is falling off,and he notices beleive me he just doesnt say it which sucks :(

My wife and I are in the weight loss and fitness thing together. Tonight I said, "Wow, those pants are getting too big for you. Your butt must be getting smaller!"

She asked, "Why can't you just say my butt looks better instead of implying that it WAS bigger?"

MEN CAN'T WIN! That's why we just choose to be quiet.
    My Husband does this same thing or says your hot or sexy. Some other term than what we really want to hear. Which is your beautiful. We want to be talked to sweet and sensor. Not reminded of how big we were or called at like we are walking past a bunch of men. Just a simple your beautiful with sensarity and full of love. lol. I am glad to see that my husband isn't the only one though. It will make him feel better. Being quiet isn't any better though because than we have to get mad about the nothing you said and that is much harder than being mad about the something you did say. lol. No men can't win. But than if men can't win neither can women. So it's a win, win by defualt. lol.
    Alexia, so I showed mine the new pictures and he's like that's nice. REALLY! I know that the pictures were a little hard to tell a difference with the zooms not being the same but it's almost 25lbs difference. I don't want to hear you getting more excited over the pictures I took of the dogs! Although there was some good pictures. lol.

Hmmm I think it depends on the wife ... but I DO like to hear "You're hot." or "you look sexy in that." from my husband. Makes me feel like I'm still attractive to him. Let's face it -- Men are visual and they are very blunt and they are not subtle. Women, we know they are visual -- why else is Victoria's Secret so profitable. Because the thongs are so comfortable? yeah right.
    Just take the compliment from your husband when he gives it. Thank him so wonderfully for it. Be grateful for it - don't criticize the compliment!! Sheesh! Why do we want to micromanage our husbands to the point they aren't their true selves.
    I want to hear what my husband wants to say when it comes to his mind, not what he thinks I want to hear. That's not genuine.
    There are so many wives out there in which the husbands are giving compliments to other women, noticing other women -- be grateful he's staying true to you and love him for it!

@azheelshock: Oh and you did say her butt looked better (Not that it was bigger) -- you said her butt looked smaller -- that's better! good grief. Get real -- if you lost weight - yes you were bigger than now. LOL.
  • KHaverstick
    KHaverstick Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Sorry! I know that's frustrating. I've lost nearly 50lbs, and just today someone other than my husband commented on it. No one else has said a word. After 50lbs.

I think sometimes it's tough for people to notice when you lose weight all over, but are still the same shape. People who see you all the time may not realize it, because you're still the same shape, just smaller.

Anyway, congrats on the loss!
  • Faery7
    Faery7 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    I know it's frustrating... same thing is happening to me. I've lost 23 lbs and my guy doesn't notice much either. I think it's because they see us every day. He does say things sometimes but it's not what I want to hear lol. Just remember, we are doing this for ourselves, not for anyone else, and I bet you feel so much better without that weight and with the changes in your body. Be proud of yourself!!! Hey and maybe take some pictures out and show him how much you've changed... I'm sure he'll see it.
  • megamoo04
    megamoo04 Posts: 269
    Options
    I lost 13 and no one is noticting it on me either :(
  • runamym
    runamym Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I know it's frustrating... same thing is happening to me. I've lost 23 lbs and my guy doesn't notice much either. I think it's because they see us every day. He does say things sometimes but it's not what I want to hear lol. Just remember, we are doing this for ourselves, not for anyone else, and I bet you feel so much better without that weight and with the changes in your body. Be proud of yourself!!! Hey and maybe take some pictures out and show him how much you've changed... I'm sure he'll see it.

She's right. That's so true. We are not doing this for anyone else! Just for ourselves. That's the only motive that produces long-term, real results. Because if you do it for someone else -- they can change or say something and then, there goes the desire to commit to the plan/goal. I used to do it for my husband -- then I'd hear him say "I love you for you - no matter how you look." And I'd think "well, then I don't have to sacrifice and beat myself up in workouts. He loves me no matter what. I'll just stay fat and happy w/him by my side." But in reality - we all know that's not happy. I still wasn't satisfied with myself - my own health. And that's when I could really commit to the plan and weight started falling off. When I truly did it for myself -- no matter what he said. And now he's so proud of me and he's revealed just how much he worried about my future if I stayed 60 lbs heavier -- our "golden years" future.
  • mandahq
    mandahq Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    The people that see you everyday are thee last to notice - especially guys. I work with all men and I lost 40 pounds before any of the boys noticed and said anything.

my mom didnt see much of a change in me til she went away for a week. came home and then noticed a difference. Ive lost 15.7 pounds so far. I agree with its hard to notice when you see that person day-to-day.